I have a question before I install Bilstein HD shocks

beatcpl

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, There

I'm going to upgrade my rear shocks. I'm looking for better setup btn two of them.

tumblr_n08gv7jiAD1tnx29qo1_1280.jpg

Here is difference.
The one I have comes with Bilstein package ("B" Setup) , the other is Energy suspension 9.8101G("A" setup). They sits up pretty much same height with same mount.

Bilstein package ("B" Setup) has wide outside diameter than The Energy suspension 9.8101G ("B" setup) and center stud won’t go through the rear shock mount hole after tightening the center stud with mount.

Which one would be the most stable setup?

There is washer and tan rubber piece Inside shock, Do I have to take them off? Here is picture.

tumblr_n08aylcBUC1tnx29qo1_1280.jpg

Thanks,

i bolted the shock mount in the car.
then i stacked the lower bushing on the shock and put the center stud through hole.
then i put the upper bushing on top and bolted it all down.

i did not remove the bump stop (tan piece) or washer.

i had the same problem, the bushings wouldn't go through the hole in the car. so that's how i solved it.

as far as stability, its probably a negligible difference.

The tan rubber and washer are there in case it bottoms out it doesn't slam against metal so it will have to stay. The setup between the two really doesn't matter all too much but if it were me I would go with setup B. It was kinda unclear though about which setup is not allowing the center stud, for I presume the shock, to go through. Just make sure you torque everything down to spec.

Members online

Back