I have a Pioneer AVIC D1 sitting in my office!

ohioLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I would really like to install this unit but I need some help. I have a double din dash piece from Lincoln in my garage for this install. The issue I am having is the steering wheel controls, is there a box or adapter to wire in. I have had this unit sitting in a box brand new for about 4 years now. If I am unsuccessful then I am going to install it in my wives new Ford Edge. Any help would be great!

its pretty simple, mount the D1 into the dash kit, wire up the wire harness from the D1 to a wire harness for the LS, follow the instructions for the steering wheel interface (it should be the PAC SWI-PS) the module need ACC power, ground and then you need to tap into the signal wire, plug it all in, and bolt it all together. make sure the wire harness you get has the plug for the factory subs, and you will probably have to place a 1450 ohm resistor inline with the amp turn on wire to keep the factory subs from poping

its pretty simple, mount the D1 into the dash kit, wire up the wire harness from the D1 to a wire harness for the LS, follow the instructions for the steering wheel interface (it should be the PAC SWI-PS), plug it all in, and bolt it all together.

No sh!t, you want to drive south and install it for me!? HAHA

Is that interface part # a Pioneer #?

The steering wheel crontrols adapter is made by a third party, the company is called PAC, the part number is SWI-PS (steering wheel interface-pioneer/sony)

OK got the Pac stuff ordered sounds easy I have installed my fair share of head units but I have never dealt with a double din w/ navi and steering wheel controls.

I have the PAC adapter and an F90 installed in my 04. The steering wheel controls don't work nearly as well as they did with the factory head unit. I hope you have better luck.

I have the PAC adapter and an F90 installed in my 04. The steering wheel controls don't work nearly as well as they did with the factory head unit. I hope you have better luck.

Not what I wanted to hear or read. What is a F90?

the F90 is one of pioneers replacments for the D-series,

hey Joe, the PAC modules work a lot better with the D-series, one of my co-workers has it hooked up to his D3 and there is zero lag, just like the factory radio, i guess ours just sucks

the F90 is one of pioneers replacments for the D-series,

hey Joe, the PAC modules work a lot better with the D-series, one of my co-workers has it hooked up to his D3 and there is zero lag, just like the factory radio, i guess ours just sucks

Yeah, I wondered if it was the F90 that was really to blame.
I kind of want to replace the factory nav in my 06 (to have a good iPOD connection), but now I am afraid to touch Pioneer again. I'm wondering about Eclipse.

Yeah, I wondered if it was the F90 that was really to blame.
I kind of want to replace the factory nav in my 06 (to have a good iPOD connection), but now I am afraid to touch Pioneer again. I'm wondering about Eclipse.

I'm definitely picking up what your dropping, I've been thinking about upgrading to a Z110BT but I'm afraid of having the exact same problems everybody else is with the F-series, great Ideals, half tested and polished up

i have always had great experiences from eclipse, i had a regular CD player in my mark, and by dad has a similar unit in his continental. they have very good user interfaces and the sound is amazing, the only thing that pioneer does any better(some peoples opinion), is that the interface looks more polished, which does no good if the system is as buggy as the F's can be(but i expect nothing less from anything running windows), the UI just looks so 10 years ago, i have never used a eclipse with an ipod, so im not sure how good (or possibly bad) the interface is, i have seen too many good brands drop the ball on the ipod interface so i would make sure to be able to try it out before buying

Members online

No members online now.
Back