I guess this is "Hello"

Moby and Lucille

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The Psuedo-Metropolis.....Des Moines, IA REPRESENT
They told me to post here to intruduce myself.

Hello.

I tried to summarize myself pretty well in my profile, but I'll reiterate in more detail.

I'm John, I'm 24 (will be 25 in Feb), I'm from Des Moines, IA. I've been married 5 1/2 yrs. We don't have kids, but do have pets. We are "college drop-ins" doing the Full-Time work/Half-Time school thing. We are both going for I.T. degrees and I'm about 1/2 the way there. (She's about 1/3) We have a 7 month old Dog named Sheppy (Border Collie mix) and a 10 year old Cat named Angel. We'll start having kids after we graduate and land in our careers.

My time outside of work, school, time with the wife, and time with other friends and family and church (not much time left) is divided between my interests: Cars, Music, Computers, Reading books, and of course, Video Games.

I'm posting pictures of my cars. I have two project cars, a daily driver, and an auxiliary daily driver. The project cars are: Moby, a white 1977 Lincoln Continental, and Lucille, a 1996 Pontiac Firebird. (hence, my screen name) My daily driver is a 2003 Ford Taurus (named the silver bullet because it's silver and I almost lost my license speeding in it...I don't speed anymore, not after that.) and the Auxiliary daily driver, which was my daily driver before the Taurus and was gonna be a project car before the other two. It is a 1989 Lincoln Town Car (named: Doctor Lincoln for it's simultaneously oppulent and reserved styling) It is being sold in January to my cousin so that he can have a project car. I'll go into more detail on what my plans are with my project cars and what their current status is later.

In computers, I'm working on networking the entire house for high speed internet (this bleeds over into a video game project too, for things like X-Box Live) and am in the process of building a couple computers. A Windows XP box for my general computer use, a multi-OS box for various purposes ranging from programming, to MAME emulation to just the nostalgia factor of using Windows 3.1 and 98, and a computer running Windows 2000 and Cakewalk for a recording studio computer. Right now, I'm using two computers. An ancient Pentium II 350MHz which has no business running Windows XP (but it is anyway) and a Power Mac Dual Processor with two 450MHz G4's in it. The Mac can stay, but this old goat I'm on now has got to go.

In Music, I am working on building a recording studio in my basement and networking A/V throught my entire house (so that whatever I'm watching/listening to I can see/hear from any room) For the studio, I have all the instruments and Amps I need, I just need a mixing board and some mics, and then need to get the Win2K/Cake box up and running. Once I get that done I can start recording my first solo album. (I've got most of it written, but none of it recorded...I've got nothing to show for it .............yet.) :)

In gaming: I used to spend hours a day in front of the games, but now with school and such, I don't get nearly as much real time to do so. I do still have my whole collection though, 23 game systems aging from 1977 to 2003 and about 700 games spanning across all the platforms.The systems are: Odyssey 2, Intellivision, Texas Instruments TI99/4a, Atari 5200, Colecovision, Atari 7800, Commodore 128, NES, Sega Master System, Turbo Duo, Super NES, CD-i, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Genesis/32X/CD, 3DO, Jaguar, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube (w/ Game Boy Player) and, X-Box. I'm more of an old school gamer than a new schooler with my preference being the Nintendo, Sega Genesis, and Super Nintendo era (the 8-bit/16-bit era) That era also makes up the bulk of my software collection.

I am a believer. I believe that Christ is who he says he is, and his importance in our lives is what he says it is. And that to really know him, you have to accept a certain degree of fundamentalism. Now, I don't believe in being a bible thumper, I believe in being yourself, but part of being a Christian is to keep your heart and your mind open to God. If you do that, he will change you bit by bit, a little at a time. In other words, don't dig your heels in the dirt and resist his changing you, but don't change yourself, let him do it. I feel it's wrong to try to rush yourself towards sainthood. The results of which are false anyway. I'm no saint. And I'm not trying to be one either, I'm trying to let God do his work in my life and I'm just trying to stay out of his way. Who knows, maybe over time he will turn me into a very strict fundamentalist ,but that's a long ways off. First he'll have to tell me to stop cussing. :)

(Speaking of which) To me, profanity and vulgarity are like salt. A little bit here and there spices things up, keeps things from being bland, but too much is just plain nasty. I do realise that some people like more "salt" than I do, and some like less. Some don't like any. So, on the micro level, (person to person, or in a small, specific group) I like to accomodate those who like less/none, and to some degree, I try to accomodate those who like some more, but there's a limit to how far I'll take that. On the macro level, though, (the general public, the world in general) I just be me. I stick with what I like. I don't crank it up or turn it down. What that means is: I wouldn't tell my grandma a dirty joke, but if I'm on stage doing standup, I would tell that joke, whether grandma's in the audience or not. Or I wouldn't take the F-Word out of a song lyric at a concert just cause grandma's there.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I hope you guys don't want to kick me out now. (j/k) Here are the pictures of my cars. Jodee (my wife) will be getting a new car sometime between Jan 05 and Mar 05 (it'll be a daily driver.. a focus or something like it) and I'll post a pic of it when we get it. If I sell the Town Car before she gets her car, then Lucille will sing backup in the interim. I'm not planning on doing any real work to either car til spring anyway. :)

Moby 1.JPG

Moby 2.JPG

Lucille 1.JPG

Lucille 2.jpg

Doc Lincoln 1.JPG

Doc Lincoln 2.JPG

Moby_Doc_Taurus.JPG

:W to :V and Happy New Year!

Wow what an introduction - It has to qualify as one of the longest!

Nice car pics also.

I'd like to also invite you to join the Midwest Chapter of LvC and also Join us on the 19th of Feburary as we get together for the Chicago Auto Show!

Detail can be found http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/index.php?page=Midwest on the Midwest Home Page!

Once again Welcome and visit the site often. Feel free to join in any discussion. You will find that this is a very member friendly site.

:W :Beer

Sifrino3 said:
Damn, now that is a post!

Welcome!

Well, I figured that I would get it all out right away then I could just make brief posts from there, and if anybody needed more info, I can just reference them to the first one. I'm resourceful. :) That...and God never did bless me with the gift of brevity. :wrench

Moby and Lucille said:
Well, I figured that I would get it all out right away then I could just make brief posts from there, and if anybody needed more info, I can just reference them to the first one. I'm resourceful. :) That...and God never did bless me with the gift of brevity. :wrench

Not a bad idea if you ask me.......

:W to the LvC by the way.....
:Beer

Damn, I was going to say ~ Stay away from a guy named 'mespock' on the board and here he pops up as the 1st welcome.

Oh well. You were warned.

Welcome. Have a blast and Happy New Year!

Moby and Lucille said:

Hey, Sonic is the bomb!

MonsterMark said:
Damn, I was going to say ~ Stay away from a guy named 'mespock' on the board and here he pops up as the 1st welcome.

Oh well. You were warned.

Welcome. Have a blast and Happy New Year!

:F Ok Monster - Let's go!!! :N

Don't listen to Bryan he's one of those evil guys here on the site!

I live much closer to Iowa so you know you can trust me more!

I don't know if I have an absolute favorite game, but I have sort of an upper echelon of games, and sonic is definitely firmly planted in that group. (then again, so is Super Mario Bros.) The first Sonic game on the genesis is my favorite Sonic game though. Sonic CD is a very very very close 2nd.

Members online

No members online now.
Back