I got that crack (w/pics)

stateproperty3423

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
my car is only 2 years old and already I have cracks in my leather seats it drives me crazy cause it looks like its growing...I'm always putting leather cleaner and conditioner on them but it seems like there getting worse..thats what i hate about leather...can all you people tell me how bad your cracks are and maybe post some pics so i can feel better...am i to obsessed with my car?

33410001.JPG

33410002.JPG

33410003.JPG

its worse than it looks i couldnt really capture the essense of the cracks lol...on a scale of 1 to 10 10 being the worse what would you rate the condition of you leather

My seats look like that too and mine is 5 years old. I wouldn't worry about it too much. To be honest with you, I have never seen a good pair of leather seats on ANY car (including Audi, VW, Mercedes) that is more than a few years old. Yours look about like mine do. As long as you don't scrub to hard, you should be fine.

I used to know an OLD leathersmith, a long time ago.

He ALWAYS used -ready for this-? Non Citrus Pledge, to clean leather.

He said it was the best thing out there. I've used it, it works great... Only problem is, it tends to make the seats a bit... slippery.

Those are not cracks, they're creases. Leather does that. If you want to ensure that doesn't happen, get vinyl. That'll last forever.

stateproperty3423 said:
its worse than it looks i couldnt really capture the essense of the cracks lol...on a scale of 1 to 10 10 being the worse what would you rate the condition of you leather

I luv saying it but meen no disrespect.. "KIDS"!! Birthday 1 day before mine... 19 years younger. Get a front window shade "AND USE IT" but that is what leather does. Your products are prolly making it worse cuz they tend to dry out after time making cracks despite what they say.

Those are not cracks, they are signs of character :) they show the vinyl crowd that we have more class :) your seats look great, but like Dutch said "if you don't like it go for vinyl :)

I don't care what you do or what you have...leather eventually will do just what you're seeing. I even have leather chairs in my house that show that. It's part of owning leather...and it will eventually get worse. I don't know of any way in the world to keep it from happening eventually.

Yeah leather does wrinkle like that. I think it gives the leather character. BTW vinyl does wear out and when it does crack it really goes in a big way, least it does in SoCal. For awhile there when I was in school duct tape was my buddy.

If your leather ever does really start to get old and real cracks start you might try Griots Garage leather rejuvenator. It is good as a last ditch recovery for leather that is almost dead. The resaon I say this is I think the rejuvenator is more of a coating than a treatment. I used it on an old SHO that had sun bruned and cracking leather seats. The rejuvenator seemed to seal up the cracks and put on a glossy almost plastic like coat over the leather. It did not look as good as good clean leather but it did seem to put the seats back into reasonable condition.

For normal leather that is in decent condition, I like Griots Leather Care or I have liked Tanners leather cleaner and leather conditioner.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

i have the Cream colored leather interior, bought some new jeans, wore them and it dyed part of the seat blue, its takin forever to wear off, even tried cleaning it.. guess i'm stuck with a partially blue seat!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back