I got my tinted tail lights..(EDIT)-NOW WITH PICS

They are just too dark. They looked a lot lighter when I got them because id was sunny and I had them face of. Didn't think about it. I dont want them black.I just wanted a darker red. Its so dark It makes them look kinda purple, dark purple. I've been thinking about it all day and I think I'll hold off on selling for now. I think what I am going to do is fix them. Sand the tint and the scrath off and tint them myself with a really light coat. If the tint just doesn't work out I'll just get rid of them.

i would paint the rear surround black now:D or the factory color, but just not the chrome

11.JPG

i would paint the rear surround black now:D or the factory color, but just not the chrome

That idea actually came to me too, not because of the light though.A few weeks ago. Right now I have the cdc grill that isn't color matched yet. So the grill surround is like a charcoal/black color and I got one of those carbon plate frames and this gave me an idea of doing like the gen 1 lse spoiler also painted charcoal or black, the surround black, and that strip that goes along side the car about mid level in between the front and real tires.Also maybe the side skirts black too. It was just an idea and I tried using photoshop and painting it bt I'm not very good at it so it came out ugly

I photoshoped the tail lights darker. The first is the real pic with the origianl tails and the last one is the original with the tinted tails I have on now. The 3 in between are the photoshoped ones. Which ones do you think look better? 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5?

1)
lstails004.jpg

2)
Darktint1.jpg

3)
Darktint2.jpg

4)
Darktint3.jpg

5)
lstails008.jpg

That idea actually came to me too, not because of the light though.A few weeks ago. Right now I have the cdc grill that isn't color matched yet. So the grill surround is like a charcoal/black color and I got one of those carbon plate frames and this gave me an idea of doing like the gen 1 lse spoiler also painted charcoal or black, the surround black, and that strip that goes along side the car about mid level in between the front and real tires.Also maybe the side skirts black too. It was just an idea and I tried using photoshop and painting it bt I'm not very good at it so it came out ugly

My cdc was originally black but is going to be color matched when I put the LSE kit on. The McLaren grille that's on it now is black as well. I have pictures of the cdc in my gallery imo it looked really good.

I photoshoped the tail lights darker. The first is the real pic with the origianl tails and the last one is the original with the tinted tails I have on now. The 3 in between are the photoshoped ones. Which ones do you think look better? 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5?

1)
lstails004.jpg

2)
Darktint1.jpg

3)
Darktint2.jpg

4)
Darktint3.jpg

5)
lstails008.jpg

I know this is a first gen but I like these: http://www.jonstintedtails.com/gallery/index.php?level=picture&id=277

Yeah I saw that one today too. I said hey! I gen 1 with two toned tails lights. I was thinking of doing the strip too, just tinting the red and leaving the clear part alone

Thats dark. But that fits your car cause its black

TDUB it looks like your LS is going to a funeral or something, like its wearing a black dress and lipstick or something.. Random, I know, thats just the impression I got.

My cdc was originally black but is going to be color matched when I put the LSE kit on. The McLaren grille that's on it now is black as well. I have pictures of the cdc in my gallery imo it looked really good.

My cdc doesn't look that black, It looks more like a charcoal or like carbon black color

Missing_Linc, are you talking about my ls or TDUB's? I think You might have us cinfused again

I like #1. I would just change out the amber turn signal bulbs for the chrome ones for cleaner look.

Thats the stock no tint ones. Yeah i just noticed how the bulbs take away from the lights. Who makes those sylvania?

You cant murder out a white car. I like 05 LS8's idea, on a light colored LS anyways.

Lol.That was me. Yeah I didn't like the look either

Whichever one of you got the tinted lenses.

I was going to say something but with the lipstick comment I thought you were referring to the black CDC grille. I have a set of tinted tails as well, just waiting til the car is painted with the color matched surround to decide what to do with them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back