i got beat by a neon :(

LS Gets U Wet

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
it was a short race down a very crowded street, it was a brand new neon, ugly as can be, but it was a srt-4...and wow was it fast, didnt know they produced a neon stock w/ turbo...pisses me off
he woulda got beat on the freeway tho!

sorry to here that man
next time just keep in mind next time look for him man

Yea I got SPANKED!!! by a neon i mean rite off the line I had him but then he passed me so damn fast then I was gaining on him at after 60 but then we where at another light.... :( :q:q:q:q sucks!

LS Gets U Wet said:
it was a short race down a very crowded street, it was a brand new neon, ugly as can be, but it was a srt-4...and wow was it fast, didnt know they produced a neon stock w/ turbo...pisses me off

They will run 13's stock and 12's with slight mods, those Neons are killers. If it wasnt a Neon I would buy one myself. Would you rather drive a 10 second Camaro or a 12 second Ferrari? The Neons have no style.

hate to brake it to you LS owners but if you wanted to race people then get a sports car not a luxury sedan. A srt-4 can go 13's. The ls does what? 15's at best? Also its best not to race in a crowded street. :slam

Its a luxury sedan people, granted now it has 280 hp but even that is small gains for a v8. If their was a market for people wanting to make their LS's race cars, then their would be super charger kits, strokers, heads, cams, headers etc. Available. All that i have found is a magnaflow catback and a intake. Which adds like 15 flywheel horse at best.

The LS was designed to be an execellent highway cruiser that could pass cars with ease, thats why its tq is in the upper rpms. If it was a racer then it would have tq in the low rpms. Saddly if you want to race people your gunna have to trade in the LS for a vette/stang/cts-v/jag-type R etc.

SSTUD said:
hate to brake it to you LS owners but if you wanted to race people then get a sports car not a luxury sedan. A srt-4 can go 13's. The ls does what? 15's at best? Also its best not to race in a crowded street. :slam

Its a luxury sedan people, granted now it has 280 hp but even that is small gains for a v8. If their was a market for people wanting to make their LS's race cars, then their would be super charger kits, strokers, heads, cams, headers etc. Available. All that i have found is a magnaflow catback and a intake. Which adds like 15 flywheel horse at best.

The LS was designed to be an execellent highway cruiser that could pass cars with ease, thats why its tq is in the upper rpms. If it was a racer then it would have tq in the low rpms. Saddly if you want to race people your gunna have to trade in the LS for a vette/stang/cts-v/jag-type R etc.

We LS owners know all of this :slam , but we can still have fun talking about it! :N

SSTUD said:

QUOTE]
With the V6 LS it dyno'ed something like 21 rwhp, then theres intake, tuning, nitrous, etc... not the best market but it works

I agress on a track or a not croded highway but not a public street man that just not right

LS Gets U Wet said:

BAWAAHAAHHAAAA

Sorry to laugh LS...but you just ran across a car that many of us SVT owners know full well about. Those damn little SRT4's can be made VERY quick. 11 second cars are not unheard of and 12 second cars are VERY common. Since I own an 04 Cobra, I am very familiar with them. Mine is an 11 second car and I've had a couple hang right with me.

Just make sure you don't go up against a Supra. There are a lot of 10 second Supra's running around.

There is some seriously fast rice around these days.

And by the way....it would have been worse for you on the freeway. When he gets that turbo spooled up, it's adios!!!

Yea those things are fast. I thought about picking one up before production stopped. Cannot wait to see what replaces the SRT-4.

But what makes the LS fun is half the people out there think the LS is a SLOW v6 thats what everyone thought mine was so when they come and try to mess with ya and you smoke them in a sedan its nice!!!! and everyone loves fast luxury

free139stylz said:
But what makes the LS fun is half the people out there think the LS is a SLOW v6 thats what everyone thought mine was so when they come and try to mess with ya and you smoke them in a sedan its nice!!!! and everyone loves fast luxury

I agree, some non-turbo supra tried messing with me in Long Beach Island when he had his girl in the car. I had two of my buddies, by 45 I had him by two car lengths.

LS Gets U Wet said:

Sorry bro but that is especially where that turbo car would have handed you, your ass. But you would have looked waaaaaaay better losing, than he ever did winning!

2001LS8Sport said:
BAWAAHAAHHAAAA Just make sure you don't go up against a Supra. There are a lot of 10 second Supra's running around.

There is some seriously fast rice around these days.

Hey bro whats the mods on your Cobra? Let me guess, chip, pulley, intake, exhaust, short throw? Are you running the Steigemeier ported blower too?

Once I purchase the LS I will still race a Supra or even a Cobra. I will have no delusions who will win, but it is always fun to race.

LS Gets U Wet said:

Yeah they tick me off too... they're ridiculously quick for a neon... front mount intercooler and everything... word from the people I know says that Dodge kinda said to the engineers "do what you need to do to this car", and they did.

They're plenty fast. I had a 300+ rwhp RX-7 that could beat them pretty handily, but they weren't just disappearing in the rearview mirror like most other cars. To give you an idea, a C5 vette didn't stand a chance on the highway, or on surface streets against this RX-7 I had, he just kept looking at me with this surprised as crap look on his face.

free139stylz said:

I especially love mine, it's the sport package and supposedly (don't know if this is true or not) they didn't put the V8 badge on the sport package. At any rate, it looks like an LS V6 as far as badging goes.

lexdiamondz10304 said:
ohh yea... those little ugly cars modified can be ferrari's ive personally seen it!!!!!

haha

joke.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back