I get my new car monday!

Nakoa

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Im getting a 1999 executive. leather, woodgrain, all the same stuff the signature series has.

my mom and i went to the lincoln dealership and talked to this salesman over a couple of weeks, and the car we settled upon was his wifes old car. they traded it in for a new one, and he said he could get us a better deal on that car than any car on the lot.

it only has 50k on it, been perfectly maintained, all records, oil changes every 3 k, had it cleaned regularly. they had custom pinstripe job done on it, which was about 6 or 700 dollars(cant remember what he said). they were handpainted, and the artists signature is in the stripe. there are 2 stars(look like an asterik, but bigger)painted beside the executive logos by the rear window which i think is really cool, gives the car soemthign to make it stand out.brand new tires on it, dark tinted windows.
i originally wanted the touring edition signature series, but it has 75k on it and he can get us a better deal on this one. and it is still just as gorgeous.

and if things work out on it, it will only cost about $8000.

I have 2 questions.

I want to keep it as stock as i can, is there a way i can get a stock cd changer and hook it up to the car, or am i going to have to go aftermarket for the stereo?

and,
Ive gotta have my hood ornament so..

would it cost much to get one put on? or is it possible? i think a hood oranament would set the car off(and definately make it unique).

im keeping the stock wheels, i think they look bitchin.

any suggestions welcome. ill post pics the day i get it(if i can keep myself out of it for long enough)

Im gonna tell you right now baby that SOB and keep off the petal its addicting see if your ma or you will buy you a ex police intercipter to get read of that lead foot if if you have one but other word congrads.

Stock? What the hell is "stock"? :D

PI heads and intake, K&N cold air, Marauder airbox/ 80mm MAF, dual exhaust, pulley's, chip. That'll give her a hundred more horsies... :gr_devil:

I want to keep it as stock as i can, is there a way i can get a stock cd changer and hook it up to the car, or am i going to have to go aftermarket for the stereo?

Ok, you can get stock CD changers, etc. from eBay. If you go dealer, you'll take a hit. The CD changer's plug should be located in the drivers side trunk area, usually around the air suspension shut-off switch. Those wires come directly from the CD player up front and plug into the radio: similar to this:
99explorers.jpg

Look for a weird 3-prong plug thing with 3 wires. It should be there, I found it when installing a stereo in my 98 Crown Vic, even though it came with no stock changer; they install them at the factory no matter what- it just makes the dealership's lives easier and more profitable.

But of course, that's if you want to maintain stock look. I'll always recommend aftermarket.

Here's a stock Ford systems CD changer with the plug already in it from eBay...CD Changer

Members online

Back