I finally bought a stereo guys!

kingtonghsp

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I finally bought a stereo, and the silver trim kit. It is a double din AVH-p2300DVD :D I bought it used off craigslist, and it looks pretty cool.

I bought the wiring harness and all that, but my question is, are all these color coded? As in does the orange go with the orange? and Red with the red?
This looks overwhelming, but I used to do helicopter radios in the Army, but I always had a schematic. My radio or car, didn't come with one. So can anyone help? Id appreciate it guys, thank you.

Yes. The wiring harnesses use the same color wires that come off the radio. Just twist them together and heat shrink.

They all should match up. Do you have the base system in your car or factory amplified. I would soldier as well as heat shrink. That way they won't come apart.

for the most part they will all match up color to color, but...

the OEM radio does not get its illum signal from the illum wires in the harness(orange and orange/white)

the OEM radio get this signal through the data bus, you will need to extend the orange/white wire coming from the pioneer long enough to tap into one of the wires at the light in you ash tray. this is very important because when your headlight turn on it will make the radio's display dimmer. at full brightness, it is damn annoying trying to drive at night, and you dont want to turn the brightness down manually in the radio cause you wont be able to see it in the sun light.

also make sure you get the harness with the extra plug with RCA's if you have the factory subs/want them to work.

for the most part they will all match up color to color, but...

the OEM radio does not get its illum signal from the illum wires in the harness(orange and orange/white)

the OEM radio get this signal through the data bus, you will need to extend the orange/white wire coming from the pioneer long enough to tap into one of the wires at the light in you ash tray. this is very important because when your headlight turn on it will make the radio's display dimmer. at full brightness, it is damn annoying trying to drive at night, and you dont want to turn the brightness down manually in the radio cause you wont be able to see it in the sun light.

also make sure you get the harness with the extra plug with RCA's if you have the factory subs/want them to work.

That illumination wire that goes to the ashtray light seems complicated. Is it hard to get to that wire? Also...I have the factory amp I believe. It sounds pretty bassy if that's even a word. :p

It's a 2005 Lincoln LS V8 Sport Model. It sounds heck of a lot better than my Lincoln LS V6 base model.

Well guys! It's installed! Sounds awesome, and it works great. Just a few small things I ran into.

I can't seem to get the DVD player to work, it says "It is unsafe to watch from the front seat"

Also, in my Lincoln 2005 V8 LS, it has 2 small speakers in the middle, I believe they are tweeters? They don't seem to play. Everything including the factory subs in the back play just fine though. =\

the ash try wire is not hard to get to at all, since you have to remove the ashtray to remove the radio, its right there.

for the DVD, you cant just ground the p/brake wire, it must see ground after the radio has powered up, you can either wire in a switch to flip on, off and on to get video to play, or buy a PAC TR7 to program to bypass it automatically

for example, just like this
http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34594-app-radioapp-radio-2-bypass-confirmed/page__fromsearch__1

the center console speakers hook up just like the facotry subs did, actually only one of those RCA connecters on the extra harness was for the sub amp, the other is for the center speakers, however i usually leave them unhooked as they are designed to be used with a DSP that no other radio has,

the ash try wire is not hard to get to at all, since you have to remove the ashtray to remove the radio, its right there.

for the DVD, you cant just ground the p/brake wire, it must see ground after the radio has powered up, you can either wire in a switch to flip on, off and on to get video to play, or buy a PAC TR7 to program to bypass it automatically

for example, just like this
http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34594-app-radioapp-radio-2-bypass-confirmed/page__fromsearch__1

the center console speakers hook up just like the facotry subs did, actually only one of those RCA connecters on the extra harness was for the sub amp, the other is for the center speakers, however i usually leave them unhooked as they are designed to be used with a DSP that no other radio has,

Thanks man :) That actually has helped me out alot. So even if the center speakers were hooked up, they wouldn't play? Because I tried putting the other RCA on the extra harness to the F/R RCA jacks on the aftermarket radio, and it still didn't play. I guess I'll try again the next few days. As far as the switch for ground goes, that looks about the cheapest option, but probably would look tacky.

I've noticed the speakers 'POP' slightly when I turn on the radio. Kinda like a power surge. All the grounds are correct, as I saved all my presets and time/date onto the radio, turned it off, and on and they still remain saved.
I hope I don't blow my speakers. It's not that loud of a pop, depends on how high the volume was left when I last turned it off.

Thanks man :) That actually has helped me out alot. So even if the center speakers were hooked up, they wouldn't play? Because I tried putting the other RCA on the extra harness to the F/R RCA jacks on the aftermarket radio, and it still didn't play. I guess I'll try again the next few days. As far as the switch for ground goes, that looks about the cheapest option, but probably would look tacky.

I've noticed the speakers 'POP' slightly when I turn on the radio. Kinda like a power surge. All the grounds are correct, as I saved all my presets and time/date onto the radio, turned it off, and on and they still remain saved.
I hope I don't blow my speakers. It's not that loud of a pop, depends on how high the volume was left when I last turned it off.

you can wire a resistor in there to eliminate the "pop". I had to add one to my girlfriends mustang when I put an aftermarket headunit in there. It wont damage your speakers but I know it annoys the piss out of me lol.

yeah, you need to wire in a 1450-1500 ohm resistor inline with the amp turn on wire to get rid of the "pop"

did you hook up the other amp turn on wire for the center speakers? there is two different amps and two different turn on wires

Members online

Back