i dont get it!

LuxFord

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey everyone i have a question, well more of a problame. in the back on the driver side the speaker and tweeter are very quite, almost cant hear it. i replaced both sides passanger and driver side in back with some cheap lightning audio and it sounds alittle better but still quite. what should i do? thanks

perhaps you blew that channel out on the amp? that would cause low sound levels to come through...

thats what i was thinkin but i dont know much about audio. where is it located and how do i replace it? thanks guys

LuxFord said:
thats what i was thinkin but i dont know much about audio. where is it located and how do i replace it? thanks guys

stock lincoln amp is under the rear deck. Remove the card board liner in the trunk and there will be a plastic tray holding it up

LuxFord said:
awesome thanks jibit, when i do replace it what should i replace it with?

another stock amp unless you want to re-wire the entire system.

how much does another stock amp cost and how the hell do i get that plastic tray down from the trunk?

I would just get a low powered aftermarket amp, then patch the rca's through a LOC (Line output converter) to the stock headunit. That way you can get the sounds you like, but not worry about overdoing it either.

You can find some really good 4 channel amps for about 200buck NIB and an LOC for about 20 with ten feet of rca's around 10 bucks. Install for single amp another 45-75 and you are golden. Plus with the aftermarket amp, should you ever want to upgrade your speakers, you now have the amp to power them.

yea thats what id like to do but....i dunno how to do all that. i noticed a small box under the dash above the pedals, theres the 2 plugs for left and right output things ones red and ones white. i dunno if its for the cd changer or what and the amps that are in the trunk......i have no clue how to get them down from that plastic harness.

Members online

Back