I converted my 97 to air ride!

billcu

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I took it to Jeremi's today, and we put the air ride parts from my parts car, into the 97, which had a Strutmasters lowered coil kit in it.

Thanks again Jeremi and Jerry for the help!:)

The airlines, compressor and wiring were still in the car, except for the left rear sensor and solenoid wire, that looked like they were chewed off by a critter. I soldered a peice of my parts car harness in the trunk to fix that.

I was hoping the compressor would work, but it was idle for about 3 years with the coil conversion.
It pumped right up when we turned it on!:):)
It vents fine too.

Jeremi eyeball adjusted the rear sensor as he said it was way off, we didn't change the front sensors from where they were. I measured it when I got home and all the wheel heights are lowered about 3/4 of an inch which is great for now.

I turned the switch off after it vented, and I'll check it for leakage tomorrow.

I'm going to tweak the hight, do the alignment, then put my Module 8 in it.

It rides so much better now, the coils were fine on smooth roads, but those are very rare in Michigan.:D

Good for you! I would never even entertain the notion of considering the thought of changing my air ride to coils:D I love my air ride!!! And I love my Lincoln!!!!

In fact, I've even been considering the thought of getting some Mark VII parts together and converting the Cobra to air ride! Both cars are Fox based, so it should be a matter of plug-n-play. But that will be a while down the road.

Members online

No members online now.
Back