I collect Continentals

barry2952

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I currently have a 1956 Continental Mark II convertible, the first of two made, and I have an 18' 1956 Chris Craft Continental and I have a 1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car with 16,000 miles on it.

I am looking for a 1955 Porsche Continental convertible and, eventually I'd like to have an early '50s Bentley S1 Continental.

Please visit my web site:

1956 Continental Mark II convertible
340096_107_full.jpg

Barry Wolk
Farmington Hills, MI

Wow barry, thats sharp --- you should add that to the Members garage (I just installed it) look on the navbar above --

Man, Sunday afternoon taking the mistress, I mean Mrs, to a park for a nice leisurely lunch. That car has to take you back a few years to a time when life was way less frantic than it is now. Very nice selection of cars. It would be great to drive one of those someday. Congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Also some good choices of cars you want to find. :)

VERY nice ryde....I have loved the Mark II since seeing it on a weekend TV car show. I have been lookin for one to rebuild, but if you find one it is either a total basket case, or it is already done, and they want a small fortune for it.....I would rather build it myself.....but NICE car none-the-less.

:W, sit back, relax, and grab a few :Beer 's. Hope you enjoy your stay.......oh....and invite some friends to come hang........Enjoy :W

I took the picture in the basement photo studio at Ford World Headquarters. It was used in a professional video shoot for the Lincoln Mercury Division. The lighting was all set up for the video shoot and I took advantage of the situation.

It was very strange positioning the car in a room with no corners. The floor is radiused into the wall and the wall blends in with the ceiling. It'd be a great room to skateboard in.

This is my favorite picture

340096_93_full.jpg

Barry: Didn't Lincoln Division have TWO Mark II 'verts made? One for one of the wives...and by 2 different custom car makers? I think 1 was by "DERHAM" and maybe the other by "Hess & Eisenhart(sp?)"?
Cruz

You are correct. My mark II was actually made about a year before the other car. It was made for Ford by Hess & Eisenhardt. It was delivered in december of 1955 while the Derham car was first shown in October of 1956 at the Texas State Fair.

Barry

1956 Continental Mark II convertible

Barry, beautiful car, one of my favorites as well
very interesting story of your MII, thanks for sharing
and welcome to LvC :Beer

Barry

I have a 1977 Lincoln Town Car Williamsburg Edition it has 61xxx miles on it and is great shape. I am looking for anyone who knows about these cars i have heard that they are rare but I dont know.

I also have a 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7 with a 390 lime green metallic like the one in the corner of your picture.I would like to ask you some questions on it if you can contact me by email.
Thanks John

This is the newest addition to the Continental Collection.

It is a 1955 Porsche 356 Continental cabrio. The car is still in Hawaii so it may be a while before it gets to Michigan.

340096_329_full.jpg

Continental Collection

In my humble opinion, the 1956 Continental Mark II is the most beautiful car ever built followed closely by the Series One Rolls-Royce Silver Clouds. I've never driven a Mark II, but I have had the privilege of riding in a coupe a few years ago and it was a thrill I will never forget. Congratulations on owning such a beautiful and rear automobile.

Thanks Stephan,

The Mark II is a pleasure to drive. Since all the suspension parts on my car are new it drives like a dream. I just took it on a 600 mile trip and it performed flawlessly. The biggest improvement was switching to radials.

The biggest drawback to cars of this period is the brakes. Drum brakes have a bit of a problem stopping this 5,300 lb. beast.

I think the Bentley S-1 Continental cabrio had some pretty nice lines, too.

bens1pwdhc56.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back