I checkout a zepher the other day

jokken

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
is it me or are they the same as the milan? and maybe even the montego or the five hundred or the fusion.

jokken said:
is it me or are they the same as the milan? and maybe even the montego or the five hundred or the fusion.

The Milan/Fusion/and Zephyr are all basically the same car.

I like the milan the best out of 3 of them. I saw a black one the other day, with 20" wheels, looked really nice. The rear lighting looks very good.

my dad spoke to his friend at the linc dealer here and his friend told him that hes selling Zephyrs like Hot Cakes :shifty:

yeah , they are a few thousand under the import lux competitors. Of course there are some cost savings used by ford to get to that price( whiny duratec v6), but the overall feel is still lincoln.

some people complain because it's based on the fusion line, but i think it's different enough to hold it's own.

So do I and the all-wheel drive and 250 hp v6 due out in the fall will take it a couple steps away from the fusion/milan. The first year of anything is never the greatest, they make adjustments to please the consumer if initial sales are good. (Which they are!)

the fusion looks way better than the zephyr. personally, its the ugliest car lincoln has out. until they release the mkx/s or whatever it is. and then the new navigator. someone on the lincoln team must be working for cadillac behind the scenes, because it seems like lincoln really wants to help them out in terms of sales. im afraid my last lincoln will be whatever the last year for the current town car model is.

I think the new line up of Lincolns are hotter than Caddies. They're clearly trying to appeal to younger generations who think that Lincolns are only for old people. I love my Zephyr and the new line of lincolns are gorgeous. Lincoln is catching up with the times.

im with the guy above, accept I just wish they would have taken their time on the navigator refresh, that vehicle might as well be discontinued at this point, it really doesnt have one thing on the new escalade. After I saw the zephyr, and MkX(thank god theres no mercury version) i was like man, cant wait till the navigator comes, but they had to disappoint me at some point.

I'm glad to see Lincoln may be able to stay in business. I would never buy any of the cars in their current lineup, they have got to be some of the ugliest things on the road, in my opinion. The current type of car styling reminds me of the things put out during the late seventies. Nowhere to go but up I guess.

Bring back teh Mark V!!! them and the 1985-1989 Town Cars are the only lincoln's who's styling i really like. It's nice to see Lincoln getting something the consumers want, but sad to see lincoln loosing it's character at the same time. To me, lincoln is BIG Town Cars, all about the luxury ride. Now it's going after the mid-size family sedan class. I'm sure they had to adapt to survive, but to me, It's just not a lincoln unless it's 19 feet long, over 2 tons, powered by a RWD V-8, and completely disconnected from the road.

That's what the MK S is for. Huge, uber luxurious, and looks amazing. Coming in 08. There's the street yacht you were looking for.

Have you driven one of those Zephyrs? Not that comfortable; not that powerful; and damn are they ugly! If they are trying to bring in new, younger customers with that lineup, they had better fire their designers and bring in some new blood. Now, the MKs is going to be a nice vehicle. Playing with the fringe customer just for the sake of a few sales is what will bring this company to it's knees. They should stay in the lux business and forget the crap.

Yeah, I've driven a Zephyr. Drove one to work today, and yesterday. It's sitting in my garage right now. I love mine. The power is decent, but you'll be happy with the 250HP 3.5l V6 they put in it for the 07 MKZ. I'm 23 and thought it was beautiful the first time I saw it. The THX sound system helped with the apeal though. It does have THE most gorgeous interior I have ever seen, and many of my friends who are in their late teens to mid 20s think the car looks great. It's very much my style of car.

I took my LS into the dealership for service, had my wife w/me. I showed her the Zephyr and she loved it. She really liked the interior. I just stood back and kept my mouth shut to see what her reaction would be. She really liked it.
Right now I still have my LS but I do like the interior of the Zephyr. Too bad it is front wheel drive.

Doug

the zephyrs got a nice interior, but once cadillac releases that new cts, game over.

iceykola said:
Yeah, I've driven a Zephyr. Drove one to work today, and yesterday. It's sitting in my garage right now. I love mine. The power is decent, but you'll be happy with the 250HP 3.5l V6 they put in it for the 07 MKZ. I'm 23 and thought it was beautiful the first time I saw it. The THX sound system helped with the apeal though. It does have THE most gorgeous interior I have ever seen, and many of my friends who are in their late teens to mid 20s think the car looks great. It's very much my style of car.

The Duratec 35 that they're putting in the MKZ has been uprated to 265 hp. :)

The MKS, by the way, may be scrapped?! !$!@#@!

Nakoa said:
the zephyrs got a nice interior, but once cadillac releases that new cts, game over.

It won't be due to the interior as the Caddy interior looks cheap IMHO, but the CTS will outclass anything from Lincoln in performance.

Members online

Back