I BOUGHT ANOTHER MARK VIII!!!!!!

Franco802

LVC Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did. I purchased another mark viii. I sold the red one to my buddy who wanted to buy it pretty bad. But I was was also interested in a 1st generation lincoln even more. So I picked up a mint 1994 mark viii with only 60k miles. A 95 year old lady passed away and her son said no one wanted the car. He had it listed at 8k for a while and then kept lowering the price. I ended up getting it for 3k.

This one needs a little love though. It was always mantananced, but it's been a few years since it was last looked at. So this ones has a longer list of needs than my other one. Radio has some kind of buzzing or loud noise even when volume turned all the way down, it stays the same at any rpm. But it goes away when I hit 50mph. Weird.

I hear a ticking or tapping noise. Not sure what that is. It's only under load. Is there a light that's suppose to come on when cruise control is active?? Cruise works, but no light like on my 98. A bulb is out on one of the keypad numbers. And the back window rubber is very warped all around.

20180929_151403.jpg

20180929_151352.jpg

Nice find. That car is mint. From the looks of the pictures to me, is the car light Portofino blue...

Can't wait to see what you have in store for the car.

Nice find. That car is mint. From the looks of the pictures to me, is the car light Portofino blue...

Can't wait to see what you have in store for the car.
It's looks silver, but has some kind of pearl or blue in it. This car came with all the brochures, owners manual, factory service manuals and the window sticker.

Congratulations on your new purchase, It should keep you busy fixing the little things you mentioned.
By the way you guys, where can I purchase the clear lens HIDs for gen 1 cars that you mentioned above, & how expensive are they?
Ron

Congratulations on your new purchase, It should keep you busy fixing the little things you mentioned.
By the way you guys, where can I purchase the clear lens HIDs for gen 1 cars that you mentioned above, & how expensive are they?
Ron
I'm also interested in this.

For the lenses watch here, lod, ebay and the Facebook marketplace
I know marviiiedrea has a set for sale
But they are nos with a nos grill so he wants a lot of money

Hey Franco 802,
I am sorry, it wasn't my intention to hyjack your thread by diverting to headlight talk.
Ron

Members online

Back