I Am Needing Information

CARTIERKIDD

New LVC Member
Reaction score
:L I AM NEEDING INFORMATION ON THE 4.6 L 4 CAM MOTOR.
INFO LIKE:
HORSEPOWER
TOURQUE
ABILITY AS WELL AS AVAILBILITY FOR MODIFICATIONS
THE SPEED, AND PREFORMANCE I CAN EXPECT FROM ONE
AND RELIABILITY ISSUES (IF ANY)

ALSO:
ON MY 1990 LTC MY SPEEDO ONLY GOES UP TO 85 MPH,
I WAS WONDERING IF THAT IS NORMAL, IF NOT HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS?

I AM A NEW MEMBER TO LVC AND I LOVE IT I AM FOURTH GENERATION LINCOLN OWNER AND A THIRD GENERATION CADILLAC OWNER. IN DESPERATE NEED OF INFORMATION. IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL.

STUART "DUBYA" SMITH
E-MAIL: CARTIERKIDD@AOL.COM :L
THANK YOU :feedback

first of all, the 85mph is the standard spedo for the 5.0 motor. now...the 4.6 4 camer, im assuming that the motor is in the markviii. If it is then it is 280 (for a non LSC, 290 for, due to the TDE). The torque is also, i believe, is 280/90. Personally i think it is at 310, but for the sake of an already high insurance price on the vehicle, i think that lincoln dummed down some numbers...not drasticly, but enough to make people happy. I have been told by members on here that you can easily make 500 rwhp on this thing, with minor modification (vortec supercharger). but i have seen a 4cammer 4.6 make it up to ....i think it was 1500, but that was with heavy mods. the 4.6 motor mods are quite easy to come by, almost so asmuch as the 5.0...the question is...what exactly is worth doing to the motor, depending on what vehicle its in.

Welcome -

The 4.6 4 cam motor makes 280HP in the Standard Mark VIII and as much as 320 (naturally aspirated) in the 2001 Mustang Cobra. Torque is 285-317 for the same cars. Performance numbers vary greatly as modifications and which car you are talking about make a difference. As far as modifications, there are great sponsors on this board, do some searching and you will find all the information you need and more!

Members online

No members online now.
Back