I added a leather shift boot to my automatic LS

Dan Ro

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I REALLY like how this looks. I think it looks a lot better than stock factory. This is on a Gen1.

IMG_20130411_104552-1.jpg

IMG_20130411_104607-1.jpg

IMG_20130411_104616-1.jpg

That's pretty cool. Never seen that. It looks good with the other stuff youve done. I wouldn't do that just because it wouldn't look right with my wood and I'm not willing to wrap my interior. I like the luxury look over tuner.

That's pretty cool. Never seen that. It looks good with the other stuff youve done. I wouldn't do that just because it wouldn't look right with my wood and I'm not willing to wrap my interior. I like the luxury look over tuner.

My car did originally have wood knob and steering wheel. I changed both out for leather.

that does look very good Dan!
well done.

always wanted to. where'd you find it? you make it?

I ordered it from Redline Goods. They were TERRIFIC!! When I first had questions they were emailing back within 20-30 minutes of me emailing them. I was really impressed with that. They were very helpful. Since they don't have our car on their list I looked around at other cars and measured. I ordered one for a '99-'04 3-series E46. I entered in my measurements as if I had a short shifter and they took care of it. It is a terrific, quality boot. They have a lot of available options.

They gave me a link for a 5% discount at http://www.redlinegoods.com/cgi-bin/uam/x.cgi?a=r&id=1&aid=850

they give you a part # for that boot?

No, sorry they hadn't. I just gave them the measurements they asked for but if I was to order another one I would add another 1/4" - 1/2" to some of it. I can't find my measurements I gave to them but I will keep looking.

No, sorry they hadn't. I just gave them the measurements they asked for but if I was to order another one I would add another 1/4" - 1/2" to some of it. I can't find my measurements I gave to them but I will keep looking.

I was going to ask about that. It looks GREAT, but I would be worried about tearing it as it looks at it's limit. Looks like this won't work on the 2nd Gen.

It sure looks nice! :zgreenbou:zgreenbou

This was the email from them on measuring for it.

To determine the proper shift boot height drop for your short shifter, we'd need you to measure:

- distance from front corners of shifter plate to where you want the top of the shift boot to be located
- likewise distance from rear corners of shifter plate to where you want the top of the shift boot to be located

It needs to be measured across the longest travel distance. So if you have a typical setup of 1,3,5 on the front and 2,4,R on the back, it would be 2 for front-right corner, R for front-left, 5 for rear-left and 1 for rear-right corners, respectively.

You can just paste that info in the comments field on the order form and choose shift boot height adjustment to OTHER (it's one of the available selections). We'll take it from there! :)

So, I gave them, "front-right corner 2 1/2", front-left 2 1/4" , rear-left 3" and rear-right corner 2 1/4"

This is the hottest mod since the comings of Christ, (I think)
Suddenly a Mach 1 Lip Spoiler isn't as important.

... not wanting to be left out, I'm going to have to get in on the groupbuy somehow also.

Oh i like this. Looks like the one in our E46.

i am down too. I wonder if they have one for the light grey interior, light grey or dark grey, not sure which on would look better.

I dont really like that plactic part of te LS and it would be covered.

A coworker asked if I'm now going to put it into neutral and put the emergency brake on when I park. :p

LOL...

Anyone interested in organizing a group by... I would but honestly just dont have the time!

***cough , Lee, cough ****

Im sure we all want a dark grey / black boot.

LOL...

Anyone interested in organizing a group by... I would but honestly just dont have the time!

***cough , Lee, cough ****

Im sure we all want a dark grey / black boot.

Sounds good,
if and when we do, can we try and get some new measurements to those fab guys ?

I would very much like to see the bottom seam a bit more straight on.

also, how does this thing fasten to the bottom of the console ?

Members online

No members online now.
Back