Hydrolic Cooling Fan PM???

bmoranmd10

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, done some searches and read a lot of posts about the cooling fan issues with early LS's. My wifes LS is a '00, it has ~66k on it, and so far so good. Is there some kind of preventive maintenance I can do to keep the Cooling Fan issue from happening?
From the posts I've read the hydrolic system for the cooling fan is connected to the power steering hydrolic system. Is that correct?
Also, seems like some folks suspect contaminated PS fluid will cause the fan motor to lock up.

any thoughts on this?

thanks,
Brian :Beer

PS The Valve cover, misfire condition befell my wifes car within weeks of me reading about it here :( So I guess the clock is ticking with this fan problem. The good news on the valve cover is that I saved myself lots of money by using the awesome docs online here and did the work myself. Forget who the author was but thanks again. :Beer

The hydraulic fan on the 00-02 uses it's own pump running Mercon transmission fliud.

the biggest issues are:
- the pump fails
- the stiff connections to the pump break due to engine torque

bmoranmd10 said:
The good news on the valve cover is that I saved myself lots of money by using the awesome docs online here and did the work myself. Forget who the author was but thanks again. :Beer

Cool...

Members online

Back