Hydro edge or Tripletread?

Green Machine

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
A local guy here has a couple of sets of tires for sale. he wants $50.00 a tire, or $200 for all 4. each set same price. 1 set is Goodyear Assurance triple treads, and the other set is Michelin Hydroedge's in 225/60/16.

Im debating on which set to buy. Anyone prefer one over the other, and why? pro's and cons? what would your choice be?

I read that the Assurance tires were good for the first 5-10K miles. I had a set that came with some wheels I bought and gave the tires away. I'm not a fan of Goodyears.

The TTs had a great score on tirerack the last time i checked.

A local guy here has a couple of sets of tires for sale. he wants $50.00 a tire, or $200 for all 4. each set same price. 1 set is Goodyear Assurance triple treads, and the other set is Michelin Hydroedge's in 225/60/16.

Im debating on which set to buy. Anyone prefer one over the other, and why? pro's and cons? what would your choice be?

i had the triple treads assurance ( not the assurance comfort triple) and they were decent tires, i had them 7 years, the tread was actually still good,but 7 years, they were starting to dry rot. they were great in rain and good in dry (not performance tires but good) but in the snow they were a little less than what i had hoped for on rwd.

no idea of hydro egdge,but i think hydroedge tires are a more expensive tire??

Had hydros on my mark they were OK to decent summer/rain. They did last a good amount of miles though.
They were horrible in snow.

the assurance triple treads hold best in class on tire rack.
they are on my cousins mustang. they are decent.

also, are the hydroedges discontinued?
they are no longer on Michelins website.

Members online

No members online now.
Back