Hydraulic to Electric Cooling Fan

well well the power post is Alive... so i am going to use it and wont have to go to trunk.. therefore im going now to establish a key on power spot in fuse box and will test' this time with a good ground .
ty dano\

Last edited:
waiting for the serp belt in mail but i also got the hydraulic pump removed and looking forward to spreading good news. It kinda sucks ford went with a pump that fail? doesn't always work, id like to think better, but plastic parts on cars too.... Sad.
ty

Hey Joe i was reading lately about nthe converting of fan (hydraulic-electrical) and the word is not good. However ill never quite because i know the better or the two and for me the latter makes better sense., Im not concerned with the alternator, but im wondering if You or anyone knows of an apparatus that i can get that a pulley goes on but just spins..and if not Iam gonna make one - replace where o0em pump went and replace same size belt.. ty for listening and any advice is very welcome\
ps. maybe ill alter old hydro pump...

ok - so its a big no on a rerout of a 2003 serp belt for a 6 cylinder so im gonna try and get same size pully that runs free wheel instead of the oem pulley I know this has been done and I know im gonna make it happen - but at my age id rather drive than work on this fucker .... there fore im probably gonna fixx and sell. ty for your input and i hope you and family stay safe...
dano

Hello, I've been reading through the forum and I was successful in removing my hydraulic fan and pump assembly but I am having some trouble on where I should get an AC signal for my fan controller. At the moment I have it tied into the positive side of the ac clutch but this doesn't seem to be working. Would anyone know where I can look for another place to ramp up my Dan's when the ac is on?

Hello, I've been reading through the forum and I was successful in removing my hydraulic fan and pump assembly but I am having some trouble on where I should get an AC signal for my fan controller. At the moment I have it tied into the positive side of the ac clutch but this doesn't seem to be working. Would anyone know where I can look for another place to ramp up my Dan's when the ac is on?
Carl Smith a outstanding member here on the Forum has one of the best fan conversions I've seen thus far...Auto Cool PWM Fan Controller

I've had my 01V6 since new, still running after 19 years 225k miles. My HCF crapped out 3 or 4 times during the first 10 years (3 pumps, 1 motor, 2 actuators), then I started changing out the ATF fluid every January, not a problem since.

Last week I did hydraulic conversion to electric.. I did a temporary type conversion to test the water before all out removing the pump etc. I just removed the fan, unbolted the fan drive motor from the back of fan itself, opened it up removed the gear componants and put it all back together and topped the fluid off. its hanging on the blade cover of the new electric fan safely. the propeller doesn't spin with no gears (2 pieces to remove) the fan has dropped my voltage .2 from alternator and its only 2215 CFM, im searching for a hoss with no less than 4000 CFM bc apparently these AJV8's are abnormally hot running engines and mine works fine, just can't idle for more than 45 mins without it running warmer. I travel a lot so I idle a lot also. Any input on the foolproof electric fan setup? not concerned with PCM control I will just use a thermastat on it like I have now and its adjustable.

I went the universal Hayden 16" fan and controller route... grafted the electric fan motor in to the original shroud. Had no luck with the aftermarket fan controller so Wired it up with a relay to come on with ignition. Haven't had one cooling issue since...and have had no issues with major voltage drop (also am running a decent sized ie:2400w system) so far..been running flawless for over a month.

Members online

Back