hydraulic fan

bgr

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just installed a new engine in my 2000 lincoln ls. The hydraulic fan is not working great and will overheat if it sits at idle to long. Is there an upgrade you guys recomend to an all electric. Many thanks....

I've been pondering doing this upgrade for awhile. There was a guy on here that upgraded to an electric, he e-mailed me with pictures of how he hooked it up but never told me what brand of fan he went with. Pm me you e-mail address and I can forward you the e-mail with the details.

its probably air in the cooling system. search for bleeding the system (this car is waaay too pickey)

can we use a gen2 fan? i know some aftermarkets would work, but its nice to use something that will fit proper

That's where I'm torn, and I don't exactly want to go drop a couple hundred on something that isn't going to work or pay for a 2nd gen when I could get an aftermarket that would work better. But I would check your cooling system first, try replacing the thermostat if you haven't already, and definitely try bleeding the cooling system.

I have an 01 with electronic fan... i didnt do it though. I can look at mine and see how it works. I think its the same as the gen 2

I have an 01 with electronic fan... i didnt do it though. I can look at mine and see how it works. I think its the same as the gen 2

I would appreciate it. Like I said I've been looking to do this for quite awhile now but can't decide what set up to go with.

Members online

Back