Hydraulic fan leak.

rydeon

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi to everyone! New to this forum and it seems its alot nicer than the other lincoln forums i have visited. I have a 2000 Lincoln LS with the 3.9 liter. My hydraulic fan was leaking so i have it out of the car and apart. Of course after realizing the nut keeping the fan on is reverse thread. It seems all i would need to rebuild this is an o-ring and oil seal. Has anyone done this? Was hoping to source an oil seal (timken or other) and a new o-ring. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.
If i find out anything i will post part #'s and where to get them.

OK so far i have the oil seal out. It appears its made by NOK and the number on it is AP0516F. I have been trying to cross reference this number with no luck so far. Anyone an oil seal expert? Will keep looking and updating.

OK so far i have the oil seal out. It appears its made by NOK and the number on it is AP0516F. I have been trying to cross reference this number with no luck so far. Anyone an oil seal expert? Will keep looking and updating.

Made by NOK Corporation. Any luck locating I need the seal too. Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. Have not had any time for computer stuff. I ended up taking my old seal and shaft from the pump to a Napa. They used micrometers to measure the seal and ordered me one that was as close as possible for around 6 dollars. The problem was when it came it had a flange on it not apparent in the picture when ordered. I ended up using a cutoff wheel on a Dremel to remove flange. After the flange was cut the seal is too shallow and there is space between it and the snap ring that locks it in. I then started to grind the flange down to use as a spacer and it split into two pieces( making to thinner circular pieces) after getting it to the right diameter to fit. I used one piece of it to fill the extra space and so far so good. I have not driven it many miles but no leaks so far. I looked everywhere for this seal and it is proprietary. Lincoln wants 668 dollars for new pump. The new seal is an SKF modified heavily but its better than 668 dollars. The part number for it is 5553. If you can pull up a picture of it this it will probably make more sense about the flange I am talking about. If not i can maybe post a pic on here as the pic i saw of it doesn't have a good view of flange. Maybe by just grinding the flange without cutting it off until it splits might be a easier option. I bought 2 seals just in case i screwed on up and might try just grinding next time if this starts to leak. Good luck, hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.
Back