Hydraulic fan issue and Sunroof problems

BennyLumpkin

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Picking up an 02 LS V8 tomorrow or thursday....needs some work but I bought it right. Biggest issue is a coil pack which is no big deal, the fan doesn't work and the sunroof is all messed up. The hydraulic fan doesn't run and I'm not sure if I can but it wont even turn by hand....I looked some things up through search but nothing really answered if its the fan itself or what. The sunroof is off track and I'm not real sure how to get it back on. The guy said something is bent but I couldn't tell what. I'm going to compare it to my buddies car but if anyone has any pics of how to get it back on track would be sweet....thanks guys!

actually, mine is messed up aswell, and it happens when forcing it open during status: "frozen".

she gets stuck and the motor is strong enough to break the black plastic cam slider that sits
on the back two outer sides. mine is broken on one side, if you look closely enough
at where the pin are supposed to slide in the track, where it would be guided if you
were to open just to the back "up" only position.

I have to order a new pivot slider for mine.

if you open the sunroof to the "back up" position,
you can see from inside the car, where the glass
is attached with four screws to the rails.

getting this off is a start.

then you can more clearly see how the track and slider functions.

best of luck with the fix, don't pay others to do it for you,
take it apart and clean the tracks out and regrease.

I may be able to post some fix pics shortly ...

Last edited:
Oh I'm very much a do it yourselfer but I've never had one apart. Thanks for the tips though!

Thanks! Parts are ordered....I happened to be looking at the sunroof in the wife's King Ranch Expedition and its identical....didn't realize til I looked that those two rods are to be straight back....if you look at the pics below you'll see they're bent in a loop....this thing is super messed up....I was hoping to not have to drop the headliner and the whole sunroof assembly but I'd rather fix it right one time, than to piss with it repeatedly.

yeah, I order my repair kit package as well ... mine is the plastic slide cam that makes it go into the vent position. by one side being broken, it popped out the other side.
when I bring the car past 120kms the sunroof lifts open in the vent position.

when I do get the broken piece replaced, I am going to keep it and repair it, basicly fab it into a new one, I'll just pore with an epoxy and dremel a clean track, keep it as a spare.

dealer told me 800+ for whole new sunroof, won't sell part seperatly, told them the glass comes off with 4 bolts then there is the assemblies, why would Lincoln force me to buy the glass and anything else I don't need ? he couldn't answer that for me ofcourse. Told him thanks but no thanks, we aren't doing business today.

I was born at night but not last night ...

when I get my assemblies and I go to repair I may take some pics and post.

Members online

No members online now.
Back