Hyd cooling fan pump question

DuKeNoMaD

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Tried search..no luck. Can anyone tell me what size wrench fits on the hard line (pressure side) from the pump to the motor. Not the side on the motor but the pump side. Mine decided to loosen off and now I'm losing fluid and overheating. Sort term solution I want to snug it up but going to do an electric conversion. And the bitch is so far down there I am just looking for a clue to the size. Thanks in advance!

Tried search..no luck. Can anyone tell me what size wrench fits on the hard line (pressure side) from the pump to the motor. Not the side on the motor but the pump side. Mine decided to loosen off and now I'm losing fluid and overheating. Sort term solution I want to snug it up but going to do an electric conversion. And the bitch is so far down there I am just looking for a clue to the size. Thanks in advance!
Google search Lincoln LS Hydraulic coolant fan replacement...should be topic on the forum that will pop up

Cooling Fan Replacement

Yeah I figured it eventually...was just pissed when it happened. Ordered everything for the electric conversion...fuck this old system.

Yeah I figured it eventually...was just pissed when it happened. Ordered everything for the electric conversion...fuck this old system.
Hell Im going through what looks like your problem back in feb 20. Not funny at all I was very attentive to a discussion on the matter which tweo smart fellas were discussing what iwas gearing up to do. Overhaul that damn fallling fuck pos of 2 yrs ,then changed. HYDRAULIC POS , FAN.

hOWEVER FUNNY NOW IS THAT AT END OF THREAD i/ THEY CONVEYED , I JUST REALIZED THAT THEIR TALKING OF A SUCCESSFUL CONVERSION. MIY CAR HAS 2 LESSS CYLINDERS ... RT. TYHEY WERE 8 CYLINDER ,HAPPILY CONVERTED TO ELECTRIC AND i SAID OHHH NOOOO
\shortening the hell - I have tonight successfully fabricated a brascet to delete and yet hold a pulley. hence same serp belt and i havent gone on with radiator coolant replace nor terminated new electric.. I will bore you no more...

I think I had to make a 17mm special tool for mine, out of a 17mm open end wrench. I had the right crows foot tool, but I think it may have been too wide on its outside stiffener structure and was not able to use it. So I am pretty sure that it is 17 mm. I just rechecked, it was a 17mm open end wrench that I had to cut down to around 3.5 to 4 inches, and it had to be a little thinner than a standard 17mm open end to fit the pipe.

the pump was supposed to be 20mm but I started with a 19mm wrench that I ground a few thousandths off and some of the round meat to make it fit I also cut the wrench in half and used a gavlanised tube to get leverage I had a dog ear also that was a pain the fan side is smaller a standard 11/16 crows foot grinded a few thousandths off that till snug

I think I had to make a 17mm special tool for mine, out of a 17mm open end wrench. I had the right crows foot tool, but I think it may have been too wide on its outside stiffener structure and was not able to use it. So I am pretty sure that it is 17 mm. I just rechecked, it was a 17mm open end wrench that I had to cut down to around 3.5 to 4 inches, and it had to be a little thinner than a standard 17mm open end to fit the pipe.
Thanks guys, since I posted this up I realized that the reason it backed off was the bracket that bolts that end of the pipe to the pump decided to walk away? But nonetheless I have decided to do an electric fan conversion. Have a Hayden 16 " universal and adjustable switch. Going to start on it today. Planning on pulling the old can+shroud, the pump and resivoir and putting the electric fan in the old shroud (as it has the proper bracket for the aux pump. I'll take a few pictures of the issue with the old system and of the swap as I go.

Members online

Back