How's that 2003 SC Cobra instal going ?

Jerrwayne

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything lately about that supercharged Cobra engine swop .The last I saw posted was something strange sounding about some ricers trying to sabotage his project.I didn't quite understand but I guess I'm not up with the lingo or something.? Anyway I was just curious as to how that project may be going.It was exciting to see someone doing something like that.I hope it is going well.:D

Jerrwayne said:
I haven't seen anything lately about that supercharged Cobra engine swop .The last I saw posted was something strange sounding about some ricers trying to sabotage his project.I didn't quite understand but I guess I'm not up with the lingo or something.? Anyway I was just curious as to how that project may be going.It was exciting to see someone doing something like that.I hope it is going well.:D

to whom are you refering.

I don't remember who he was but he lives somewhere

around St.Louis.I cought that much.I don't get on here enough to remember people by their names.I only saw those posts I guess it was maybe two months ago.Joey made a coment about the statement the young man made about the ricers trying to sabotage his project.I would say he was bsn but he had a photo with the old 32 valve out beside of the supercharged 32 valve 2003 engine along with a gen2 without engine.It was interesting to say the least.I can't find any old post about it.Joeycho should remember.I was just curious about it.

hes been having trouble converting the obd1-obd2.

MrWilson said:
hes been having trouble converting the obd1-obd2.

Gen 1 = ODB 1
Gen 2 = ODB 2
02 cobra = ODB 2

no problems with odb

Sorry I havent had a whole lot of updates but my lawyer had me shut up for a while until somehthings get settled

Not to go into to much detail. but a somewhat local import guy that sell plans on other motor swaps (honda's, toyota, etc.) took parts of my technical threads I had been posting, put them into a "plan" using my pictures, and selling them for $200+ as if he had done the swap himself. There is ALOT of information missing from those threads that whomever would want to do the swap would have to figure out on thier own just like I did.

Well I got a call from a very angry customer of his saying that the plans were incomplete and that his plan would have blown up the motor, the car or himself. I told the guy I never sold any plans.

Lawyers got involed, feds are getting involved, its a really big mess.

There will be some video soon of the car running. I've got some exhaust parts on the way then its off to ALOT of tuning.

I'm no expert, but I was pretty certain that all cars that are called a 1996 model or later are OBD2. This would include the 96' Gen1, would it not? Someone please correct me if i'm wrong and provide an explanation if you can. Thanks.

Jerrwayne,

What kinda info you looking for, I have already successfully done this swap in a Fox platform, using an early OBD-2 and retro coil pack insted of coil on plug style.

Really it can be done with the OBD-1 with realitive ease and some programming.

Nothing at all is unobtainiumn ;)

16937sml_2.jpg
16937sml_3.jpg

Jeff - :cool:

thought you said something bout you been havin trouble with the obd1/2...forgot it was a gen 2.

phreakness said:
Gen 1 = ODB 1
Gen 2 = ODB 2
02 cobra = ODB 2

no problems with odb

Sorry I havent had a whole lot of updates but my lawyer had me shut up for a while until somehthings get settled

Not to go into to much detail. but a somewhat local import guy that sell plans on other motor swaps (honda's, toyota, etc.) took parts of my technical threads I had been posting, put them into a "plan" using my pictures, and selling them for $200+ as if he had done the swap himself. There is ALOT of information missing from those threads that whomever would want to do the swap would have to figure out on thier own just like I did.

Well I got a call from a very angry customer of his saying that the plans were incomplete and that his plan would have blown up the motor, the car or himself. I told the guy I never sold any plans.

Lawyers got involed, feds are getting involved, its a really big mess.

There will be some video soon of the car running. I've got some exhaust parts on the way then its off to ALOT of tuning.

Import guys and ripoff artists = sh!t

Anyway, on a scale of 1-10, how difficult would you say this swap is?

I swapped a 351 (422) into a Mustang, it was still a PIA, so I imagine this was considerably more difficult. :D What were your biggest challenges?

Paul.

Sorry you 96's with ODBII i knew that just forgot to at the note.

The foxes are EASY to do because its been done before and ALOT more room than the lincolns.

Well the worse was the wiring about 50 different connections that had to be rewired, lengthen, shorten, re-routed, deleted, etc. lots of sodering and shrinkwrap.

The alternator gave me alot of problems. I made a million brackets, putting it in different locations, different sizes, backwards, etc. After I got that figured out (K.I.S.S) I guess its the intercooler which I've finally got figured out just need to finish wireing it up. return fuel system with dual pumps was fun and expensive. hoses are a PITA I've got about 10 hose couplers so far and waiting for autozone to get more.:p

I've done alot of weird swaps (914 with a 911 engine, 307 chevelle to a 427, galaint LS to a twin turbo VR-4) but the funny thing is that, all of those swaps had been done before so I had someone to call or contact about it. This thing was a nightmare because I had no one to reference a bunch of opinions and ideas but most were off.

If I had to do it again I could do it in a month or less. If I hit it hard and had some help. But I've done all this by myself (had a freind help taking the motor out and back in) and your mind goes crazy trying to things to solve problems. gets old quick. Now I'm at the point were its a million stupid little things:mad: :mad: :mad:

I here ya on the gets old quick part.

I'm not going to do this I just was woundering how it was going.All of these projects look realy interesting.The little soupin up stuff I'v done ended up taking the fun out of it for me and too much R&D work left with the kits that are supposed to be just bolt it all together.My last project was a super charged motorcycle and those kits were just take the old carbs off and bolt on the SC and go. $#!+ yeah right.BS!!! At this level every one of the bikes are different.You guys have at it.I just have a good time seeing yall are accomplishing.Thanks for the replies.Looks and sounds great to me.Good luck. Later.:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back