How to test 1996 IMRC Actuators?

96mark8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
HI everyone its been a long time since i have been on here! College has been keeping me broke and busy lol. I still have my Mark VIII but the clutch slips and its never gotten a tune since I swapped to a cobra intake so right now she just sits under a car cover 99% of the time :( hopefully i will have time and money for it in a few years!
Anyways my old intake has been sitting around in the garage the past two years and I konw the 1996 IMRC's are worth a good amount of money when they work. When i took them off they worked fine but i was wondering if there is a way to test and make sure that they work while they are off the car before i try and sell them!

Thanks for the help guys!

push the rod up, put your finger over the vac nipple, wait about 60 seconds or more....if the rod stas up it's probably good, I bought a pair of working ones recently off fleabay for $75 shipped...even if they are working, they're still 17 years old

Ok thanks i will try that.....and yea 75$ sounds like a fair price like you said 17 years old is a long time lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back