How to stop drivers seat/steering wheel position reset upon shut down

Michael M

New LVC Member
Reaction score
This is a big waste of battery power IMO to have the drivers seat go all the way back, and the steering wheel position pull back in from full extension every time the key comes out of the ignition. It also wears out the motors a lot quicker. Is there a way to stop this so that everything stays where you want it? This is a 2003 LS V8....thanks

Well, it's hardly any drain on the battery, and if your LS lasts for 500K miles, this won't have worn out the motors. ... Still, your LS your choice.

If you would read your owner's manual (it's available on this site), then you could have turned this off some time ago. There's no telling what else you don't know about this car.

Press the setup button till it gets to easy exit. It will have on indicated. Press reset to switch it to off.

Well, it's hardly any drain on the battery, and if your LS lasts for 500K miles, this won't have worn out the motors. ... Still, your LS your choice.

If you would read your owner's manual (it's available on this site), then you could have turned this off some time ago. There's no telling what else you don't know about this car.

Press the setup button till it gets to easy exit. It will have on indicated. Press reset to switch it to off.

I pushed setup until easy entry came up, then pressed rest to move the arrow over next to >OFF. No more wasted power....thanks
I bought this LS with 132k miles on it, and it had a worn out up / back seat motor. Of course it was stuck in the fully back position, which made it difficult to get the rear mounting bolts out.You will be a lucky man if your motor lasts til 500k with keeping the easy entry mode engaged.

... worn out up / back seat motor. ...You will be a lucky man if your motor lasts til 500k with keeping the easy entry mode engaged.

Perhaps so. I have two LSes, one with over 200K miles, and another with just under 200K miles. Easy exit has been enabled on both since new. I have no problems with the seat motors, but other issues and the lack of replacement parts will force their retirements well before 500K miles.

Note that the seat back (recline) is a known weakness. It is rarely the motor itself, but is usually the rest of the mechanics involved. The seat up/down motors are not usually a problem, but neither would be related to easy exit as only the forward/backward motor moves for that.
Also, don't confuse easy exit with the memory seat system. That can be programmed to respond with different positions for different remotes, and that does move all the motors as needed.

... No more wasted power...

Seems like a silly concern. Leave the engine running all the time. It takes a hundred times more power for the starter than the seat.

Members online

No members online now.
Back