How to set the outside temperature

Alexander B. Sonin

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello.
How to set the outside temperature in Lincoln Mark VIII. Shows heat, 81-101.
Thanks, Alexander.
Lincoln MARK VIII Collector’s Edition #979

Hello.
How to set the outside temperature in Lincoln Mark VIII. Shows heat, 81-101.
I am confused (don't have a Mark). Do they really allow you to control the outside climate? Does this maybe explain global warming?
My car lets you view the exterior temperature, but not set it to what you want it to be. (Interior temperature you can set to what you want...)

I am confused (don't have a Mark). Do they really allow you to control the outside climate? Does this maybe explain global warming?
My car lets you view the exterior temperature, but not set it to what you want it to be. (Interior temperature you can set to what you want...)
Perfectly! You are quick-witted!

Perfectly! You are quick-witted!

So, I see you also asked the question the same way on that other forum, and got the same answer.

Why don't you rephrase this in a manor to where we can understand what you are really asking to do or solve? Do you really want help?

Thanks.
Alexander.

You're welcome...
I searched "lincoln mark 8 outside temperature". The first hit sells them for $40. Here's a photo of what it probably looks like.

Very likely, the sensor inside is just a temperature sensitive resistor.. A thermistor.... There are easy ways to test them, independent of the car's electronics.

temp.jpg

You're welcome...
I searched "lincoln mark 8 outside temperature". The first hit sells them for $40. Here's a photo of what it probably looks like.

Very likely, the sensor inside is just a temperature sensitive resistor.. A thermistor.... There are easy ways to test them, independent of the car's electronics.

View attachment 828573063
Thank You, I replaced the sensor and overloaded the EATC

Members online

No members online now.
Back