How to safely jack up a Mark VIII?

98markviii

LVC Member
Reaction score
So my first car is a 98 Mark VIII and I'll be honest, I'm not great when it comes to working on cars. Never the less, I've set out to change the wheels on my car with new ones I just got. Luckily, the locking wheel nut key was in the glove compartment :) I found the correct jacking points thanks to google, and switched off the airride switch in the trunk. And I started to jack up the front and it keeps going and going without the tire ever leaving the ground. Now normally o wouldn't be bothered by this, I've just heard many horror stories about air ride jacking mishaps. I don't even know of the front suspension has airbags. So how do you jack this car up properly and when is the correct time to switch the airride back on when lowering it? Thanks so much for helping out a car idiot like me!! Lol

Theres going to be about an 8" (total guess) fender>wheel gap before the tire starts too elevate off the ground.

Turn the air ride back on when the car is fully settled on the ground.

Thank you! The front tire I'm jacking up was kinda flat so that's probably what made it seem like it was taking forever

Always remember to use a jack stand too, if one isn't available throw the rim under it. Better then nothing.

Depending on how low your air bags are it might take a few pumps to get er up.

Lift Points.JPG

Lift Points.JPG

odd that this came up, I was about to change the rear airbags on my Mark!

Members online

No members online now.
Back