How to remove leather from seat

fudge12

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hello all, I’m in the process of installing some heat elements in my gen 1 LS. CAn anyone provide me the link on how to remove the leather? I saw it here a while back and cannot find it again. Also, a pin out diagram for the harness under the seats would be nice. Thank you all!

Diagram can be found in the repair manuals.

Take the seat loose from the underpinnings and you'll find that the leather cover is, generally speaking, held to the 'buns' by fastening to the wire frame with 'hog rings'. You'll need to remove these and then pull the cover off. Reverse to replace. There is a special sort of pliers to deal with the rings. I don't believe they're expensive and will simplify the replacement. You'll also need a supply of the rings, which are usually damaged in the removal.

KS

It is a Hog Ring Pliers and you will need to buy some Hog Rings as you cannot always save an reuse the old rings. Trust me, this will make the project go much faster.

seat diagrams
Gen1-seat1.png
gen1-seat2.png
gen1-seat3.png
gen1-seat4.png

Thank you Joegr for the diagrams. Now one quick question, would the harness/wires exist under the seat if the car never came with heated seats?

Members online

No members online now.
Back