How to remove emblem from rear surround?

DENNISJR60

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I searched some threads & didn't see anything or just missed it. I even PM'ed a member that had a post on painting theirs, but no reply.

I'm gonna be painting a rear surround I bought & can't figure out how to get the emblem out? I don't want to damage it as I don't believe you can buy a new factory replacement. I know LSK has some aftermarket ones, but I'd rather use what I have.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I suppose thats the best way to go but couldnt you also just cover it up really good if your just gonna keep the same emblem. Id also like to know how to do this but thats because i want to change the emblem.

How I did it on mine.. After you take the rear surround off in the back there is a hole and I stuck a flat head in there and kinda pushed/pry'd it off. Probly not the best way but it worked out well for me. Gluck

you could pry it off but if you have a blow dryer it the way to go. you cant possibly ruin it. and to put it back on you just heat it up again and stick it back in place, then heat some more. Done! Except when i did mine i put a piece of painters tape over the glue that was on the surround so the paint wouldnt ruin it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back