How to read dtc codes?

M.Rad.

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I know this has been asked and answered many times previously, and I have used the search function but with no success.

My 2000 LS 3.9 is experiencing a misfire and I suspect a coil/coils, but I would like to pull the codes to verify.
I do not have a scan tool. What is the procedure for reading the codes from the MIL light in the dash? And where can I find a list of codes?

I appreciate your help and time.

Regards,
M.R.

Again, I apologize for the

Wont most auto parts read them for you for free? If you want to do it yourself youll need a device.

Hi everyone,
I know this has been asked and answered many times previously, and I have used the search function but with no success.

My 2000 LS 3.9 is experiencing a misfire and I suspect a coil/coils, but I would like to pull the codes to verify.
I do not have a scan tool. What is the procedure for reading the codes from the MIL light in the dash? And where can I find a list of codes?

I appreciate your help and time.

Regards,
M.R.

Again, I apologize for the

The codes are easy to find with google, just look up lincoln codes or ford codes, you get the idea.
scan tools are easy to use and find, try ebay for instance, now it is possible to get blue tooth and wireless scan tools that transmit to your home computer! You buy software for the computer to display the data coming in. or you can buy a scan tool to display realtime data on a small lcd screen for you. or use almost any auto parts stores will read the codes for free.

I do not have a scan tool. What is the procedure for reading the codes from the MIL light in the dash? ...

Sorry, there's no way to do this without a scan tool.
A cheap ($50 or less) tool will read the generic codes.
A good tool ($400) will read all the codes.

Kust google: Lincoln P104 or whatever code u get. U can google DTC codes & select codes for Ford/ or Linc. Same.

I have a XCAL2 with a custom LS tune already on it for sale. All I want is $200+shipping. The xcal is also a scanner tool so u can read codes, clear codes, and install a custom tune all with my device I have for sale. Let me know

Members online

Back