how to : primary timing chains guides and apropo

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
looking for a good how to: guide to change the primary guides tensioner chains seals with the motor still in vehicle like I need to pull the harmonic ive seen it done with a dampner puller that is short for space but do I have to lock the flywheel or will the cam tools lock the chain enough to remove the harmonic

tutorials should be on top like all how to: tutorials that is if there moderated

No, you can't use the timing tools to hold the crank to remove the damper. That could cause damage to the flexplate and/or cams and chains and guides.

You use a strap wrench to hold the damper still while breaking the damper bolt free.
This one worked for me: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RHZO7U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Use the current accessory drive belt instead of the strap (then get a new belt to put back on). It's a little tricky to get if turned and placed right so that it holds tight enough to keep the crank from turning, but once you figure it out, it's not difficult.
Most/many universal removal tools will get the damper off, once you get the bolt out.

s6x~us~en~file=n0033465.gif~gen~ref.gif

thanks I hate those he ha ….I was watching two old men on a jag saying hold the flywheel when taking it off didn't see em underneath ...assumed the kit used the pin to hold the fly ...… cam brace tool just for sprockets ? 15 lb ft. torque plus 90deg doesn't seem to be too much torque on sprockets timing pin just for timing it when I put the chains on ?? im assuming there is key ways got the dots on the lower sprocket got part of a 2oo2 service manual but its only for one head starts something like unbolt the cam tool and put it on the other head im missing a page of the step in process like removing the hydrolic fan and setting up the strap

Members online

No members online now.
Back