How to paint chrome?

QUICKSILVER_LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hi.. i want to paint those ugly chrome on my ls..and i think standard paint aren't going to stick on chrome ,should i brought it to platting shop and let they strip it?? or any other ideas??? :L

check this out, its from kens site. it should help you http://www.lskoncepts.com/gallery.asp
click on the how to paint the grill and rear surround, it should be the same process as the strips, also it will tell u how to take off the chrome. Again a big thanks to ken at lskoncepts.com.

thank you grayghost
i just finished my project...but somehow the paint i bought from paintscatch.com seem little bit ligher than my color (TS)
to my knowledge there are little bit of orange or gold in Silver Frost Metallic .the paint i bought from paintscatch.com so dull...should i return it???

QUICKSILVER_LS said:
thank you grayghost
i just finished my project...but somehow the paint i bought from paintscatch.com seem little bit ligher than my color (TS)
to my knowledge there are little bit of orange or gold in Silver Frost Metallic .the paint i bought from paintscatch.com so dull...should i return it???
They probably have the wrong variance in the paint. I believe they have a good return policy and will match up the paint for you. Call them and they will send you some painted variances to match up your car. This is how most body shops do their matching.

lexdiamondz10304 said:
hey ghost, i noticed on your site that you do not offer items with the paint code WF. Is ceramic white similar to WF?
You can get the grilles painted any paint code. I don't have the much line space in the option field to list every paint code. I have an option on there called "other". Just select that and indicate in the comment field what paint code you wish have the grille painted.

Paint Code WF is White Pearl according the Ford paint chip chart. Here's a link to all of the paint codes since 1937:

http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1999-ford-pg02.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back