How to open 2001 Lincoln Continental passenger door panel.

bb19aug

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
My 2001 Lincoln Continental has got a problem of window on the passenger side not working with the press button..But very rarely it moves a very little bit..but after that it doesnt move..seems like something has got stuck inside..how can i open the side panel of the door to check..Is there any step by step procedure/manual available online to open it myself.

Thanks

Instructions on page 01-05-15 of Factory Manuel

If you have the Lincoln Factory Manual for the 94 Continental, you'll find the step-by-step instructions for removing the door panel and how to mitigate the electrical wiring. There can't be much difference in technique and tools between the different year models that close in age.

Last edited:
Do you need copies of the pages?

Thank you..

If you don't have access to a factory manual, let me know, and I will scan the pages and upload. As a I said, my Conti is '94, but my understanding is that 1988 - 1994 are cut from the same cloth.

Last edited:
I opened it after removing some 5 screws around the inside panel and pulled it out..there were a lot of press fit plastic tabs. atlast got access to the windshield motor..eventhough 12V is reaching when the control switches are pressed, but the motor is not working..there is no resistance when i measured it for the coil..motor coil is gone seems like..got to replace it..anyway thanks so much for your time and suggestions..

Thanks
BB

Members online

No members online now.
Back