How to cut out the bottom of air box?

tim6918

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a '00 LS V6 and I am interested in cutting out the bottom of the air box. Is it as simple as pulling the box and cutting out the entire bottom? After you cut the box should I put some mesh down there to help the filter out? If anyone has any pics I would be appreciate them.

I drilled one inch holes in mine - maybe five, or six. I didn't use any extra filtering. It sounds great and seems to add a touch of "something" to the throttle. BTW, if you do it this way, you don't even have to take it out of the car to drill it. Just be careful.

So you just took out the filter and drilled some holes on the bottom of the plastic case. How big where your holes and how many did you put.

i did it to mine, but i ended up getting the kkm filter.

i did it just like the tech article said.

if u want to keep ur stock box and not cut it i`ll sell u my modded one with a k*n air filter.

I used a dremel which is probably the easiest way to cut it out. I would recommend doing the entire cutout instead of holes, also get a k&N panal filter to replace the stock paper type.

i took the airbox out and used a jigsaw. i kinda scared myself at first though. there is a tube that lets air in that is below the filter, at first glance i thought it was the tube that runs to the TB. my friend thought the same thing too. just start on one of the corners and get it going. it takes about 20 minutes. tops. just remember to get a k&n.

Members online

Back