How To: Clear head lights

I'm wondering how the dealerships split apart the headlights to clean them out/reseal them and fix the condensation part *they did this to mine before giving up and ordering me a new one.. if I would of thought about it I would of given him like 100$ to pop that orange :q:q:q:q out =P*

The ones the had condensation problems are the lights sealed with the grey sealant. You can open those up all day long. They replaced those with the lights with black sealant. These are the ones that can't be opened.

The ones the had condensation problems are the lights sealed with the grey sealant. You can open those up all day long. They replaced those with the lights with black sealant. These are the ones that can't be opened.

Yes I know =). I'm saying, I am curious if they have the tools to open up the ones with the black sealant.. Obviously there is no condensation problems with them but still it's possible.

Quik LS said:
bad me.

I installed the ballasts inside the headlamp - though it was neat to 'hide' everything.

Well - not a good idea - as the ballasts can fail - and then you have to re-open the lamps to replace them. Now the ballasts are external - tiewrapped to the crossmember.

glad i got this as i'm starting my install tomorrow and i too was going to hide them.

KC_Valentine said:
Yes I know =). I'm saying, I am curious if they have the tools to open up the ones with the black sealant.. Obviously there is no condensation problems with them but still it's possible.

The black sealant is what was used to improve the condensation problem of the lesser effective grey sealant headlights. There is no need for them to open up the new improved ones.

Members online

Back