How to clean interior

myfirstls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Aloha guys. Been a while since my last post.

Anyway, I did do some search, but I could not find what I was looking for. Maybe I used the wrong phrase or word. My question is, just how do you clean the interior of our beloved LS??

The reason I'm asking this is, I'm not sure what the previous owner did, but my steering wheel horn button/airbag is really sticky and I'm just afraid to use any type of cleaner or protectant like Armorall.

Just water or dry cloth? How about dashboard? How do you protect them from sunlight?

1st off, never use Amor All if you want to clean your interior, especially the wipes. You can use and basic all purpose cleaner to remove whatever is stuck on the steering wheel and wipe the entire car down with a microfiber towel see where you missed and do it again depending on how bad it is. I stay away from branded "dashboard cleaners" and just use the APC.

Thanks. I'll try the APC to see if it can remove the stickiness(?) of the steering wheel. There are couple more places where it's kinda sticky, but steering wheel is the worst.

I was just afraid to use even soap and water as it may make it worse.

Down here at where I live, we do not have too many choices when it come to car/repair/care. It's either we don't have it, or you need to sell your kidney for it. And shipping is nightmare at best.

Thanks. I'll try the APC to see if it can remove the stickiness(?) of the steering wheel. There are couple more places where it's kinda sticky, but steering wheel is the worst.

I was just afraid to use even soap and water as it may make it worse.

Down here at where I live, we do not have too many choices when it come to car/repair/care. It's either we don't have it, or you need to sell your kidney for it. And shipping is nightmare at best.
make a amazon order to be honest.. just get a generic ph friendly APC and some nice micro fiber towels..chemical guys sell good stuff but its kind of over priced.

i would use electrical parts cleaner for any buttons as water could cause corrosion, and I use an APC for the dash but my secret is I use the gel tire shine over that to give it a nice shine it works for me and always looks like I just shined it as long as I wipe off the dust with a microfiber cloth every so often..

For a build up of gunk like you are describing, I usually make a paste with powdered laundry detergent and water and then scrub the area with the paste on a toothbrush. It's simple and cheap and laundry detergent is gentle on the leather or vinyl. It also does a great job of getting the grime out of textured surfaces as well.

Thanks a lot guys. Never thought of powder detergent. I have good result from laundry detergent in the past with greasy parts cleaning, so I will definitely try that method. In small amount and try it first in small area, of course.

I use 303 Cleaner on my leather/wood steering wheel about every other month and it works great in my opinion. I spray some onto a micro-fiber towel and wipe it down. It quickly removes any kind of build-up I have ever had on the wheel. I don't use the 303 Protectant afterwords.

Members online

Back