How to charge refrigerant

BAIKINMAN

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, my 94 Fleetwood's AC doesn't blow cold air. I jsut bought R-134a refrogerant + oil. The can I bought says, charge from the low pressure port.I found 2 black caps. One is on the narrow pipe near the condenser, and the other on is on the accumulator. Which port should I use? Where is the low pressure port located? Would you please help me?

The low pressure side is the valve at or near the dryer on the passenger side. The low side line will have a larger diameter than the high side. You should see a black cap (if it's still there) on the dryer. Connect the charge to it and dispense according to manufacturer's instructions. The general procedure is to start car, turn a/c on high, connect charge on low side, turn can upside down and dispense. Also, you should have a pressure gauge because you don't want to over charge the system. The gauge will be color coded to tell you when there's a full charge. Overcharging could be dangerous and/or cause other problems

Attached pics of dryer/accumulator

Hi MAC1, thank you for the reply. I will check it again. Yes, I got a gauge too. Is the dryer the same thing as the accumulator? I see the black cap on it. It's on the passenger side. I attached the photos of the dryer/accumulator. Is this the thing you were talking about? Thank you.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back