How to bypass wiring my Indash monitor and Dvd to parking brake

Lexanis

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new Clarion head unit, and it requires me to hook the unit to the parking brake in order to watch a video. I know there are ways around this! I heard if you ground this wire, instead of hooking it up to the parking brake. I will be able to veiw movies all of the time? Maybe someone can help me let me know guys.

Thanks

:V

Depends on how Clarion is doing it.

Try grounding that wire, and see if that works. Unless you have GPS, and/or a VSS, you should be able to just ground that wire (should be green) to the body.

The question is, why in hell would you want to do 75mph on the highway, and watch a movie? That's just plain stupid. But its your life...

Frogman said:

Try grounding that wire, and see if that works. Unless you have GPS, and/or a VSS, you should be able to just ground that wire (should be green) to the body.

The question is, why in hell would you want to do 75mph on the highway, and watch a movie? That's just plain stupid. But its your life...

Thanks for your feedback! Each there own I guess? The monitors in my headrest will not work unless this wire is grounded.
:tmi:

Frogman said:

I did that on my last car so the passengers could watch it... didnt distract me at all

Did the same on my car also, it should still work even if it does have gps. I have an eclipse gps unit we grounded out and works fine to watch movies on the go. sure does make my trips go by faster now that i got it. The only units i've heard people having a little trouble is the Alpines, but still can be done just have to do a handstand and a summersault to get it to work..

Same here, I have the panasonic indash. I just grounded that wire and it works fine.

Hey Thanks For The Feedback I Appreciate It. This Is A Great Website With Alot Of Great People On It! Car Crazy Like Me!

Frogman said:

well, i wouldn't really "watch" the movie. More like have it playing and just listening to it while sorta watching out the corner of my eye..........glancing over every once and awhile. I would only watch a movie on interstate trips which require less attention

It would seem that every other manufacturer besides pinoeer is not pussyfied, and worried about someone suing them because they were watching a DVD at 75, and crashed. Or because they were trying to play with the navigation system, and crashed.

If you do buy a Pioneer GPS unit, make sure its an AVIC-N1. The new N2, and D1's you cannot simply ground the brake wires. The newer ones will also check GPS and VSS signals to determine if the vehicle is moving. And if it is, and the parking brake is still "set", they will pop up a warning screen telling you so.

I love pioneer, but my next double DIN navigation unit is going to be an Eclipse by Fujitsu Ten... I hope they don't nazify their stuff like Pioneer did.

Members online

No members online now.
Back