How much would you say my car is worth???

kingofmy_h

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Kbb has it from 4k-5k if sold privately. Carmax offering me $2500(a little low for me). I'd like to sell it myself but I think I'll only get $500-$800 more than what Carmax offered.

2001 Lincoln ls v8 120,000miles
- a/c doesn't work
- sunroof tilts but has trouble sliding back
- when it rains heavily water drips from the sunroof switch area
- check advancetrac light message is on
-has new tires
-has aftermarket radio.

Wow. When i took mine to carmax (103k at the time) they only offered me 1200.

That's probably fair based on the problems. They could be an expensive fix.

Kbb has it from 4k-5k if sold privately. Carmax offering me $2500(a little low for me). I'd like to sell it myself but I think I'll only get $500-$800 more than what Carmax offered.

2001 Lincoln ls v8 120,000miles
- a/c doesn't work
- sunroof tilts but has trouble sliding back
- when it rains heavily water drips from the sunroof switch area
- check advancetrac light message is on
-has new tires
-has aftermarket radio.

I'm afraid that condition counts as fair. The lowers the price a bit. I wouldn't expect more than $2700 selling or trading it to a car lot.

Thanks for the replies. For $2500 I would rather keep it as a 2nd car and do the repairs myself but I have no room for 2 cars. I just might give it to my lil sis, that is if she wants it.

When I traded mine in I got 2500 at a dealership.

2000 v6 112000 miles. Everything on the vehicle worked. The only issues with it were that the drivers seat was pretty worn, and the paint was chipped in several places. The dealer I sold it to turned around and sold it for 4100 so you might be able to get close to that private party.

tree-fiddy

Go away you damn loch ness monster!

I would either keep it as a second car as that's what I intend to do with mine after graduating. Then again if I were your sister, and it was fixed before I got it, I would be thankful for the kind gesture.

Members online

No members online now.
Back