How much to pay for this 2002 5-speed?

atikovi

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
This car is coming up for sale Tuesday at an auction. It's gray with 131,000 miles. It's very clean inside and out except the rear bumper has peeling paint. The engine does have a miss in it so I don't know if it's a head gasket problem or needs a basic tune-up but it doesn't overheat or smoke the last two times I've seen go through. It's being sold by the used car department of a Dodge dealer and they wanted $2500 the first time, $2000 the last time. With buyer fees is it worth $2000?

i would think so, but there's a few guys on here who actually have 5-speed LSes hopefully they'll chime in.

They're going to need paint sometime and being 11 years old I'm sure the front bumper is in need of it too.

2k is cheap if you ask me. As suggested the miss could be something as simple as coils. If it's a coolant leak, what coolant leak, that's the sweat from all that horsepower!

I've never done the car auction. I assume you can't test drive it?

I've never done the car auction. I assume you can't test drive it?

Of course not, but it's a $2000 car that looks nice and at least can be driven through the auction lane without smoking, knocking or leaking it's guts. At that price you probably can't loose much even if you have to part it out.

2002 5speed

I paid $4300 for mine with 126kms on it so 78000 miles. New clutch and battery. It needed a clockspring.

I paid 4800 for mine with 90, 000 miles.. its been about a year since I bought it and ive had to put around 4 grand into it but honestly I love the car. Still needs some more work too. Overheats when I run ac. Check engine light for evap leak. Had the front left speed sensor replaced but got a code for fr left speed sensor missing, and last but not least airbag light.not to mention all the little things like cracked paint and what not.. but I still love her. Runs great knock on wood

320sw0sw7847.gif

I paid $17,000 for mine (10 years ago) with 38,000 miles. Now at 160,000.
$2000 is a good price but glad to see you held your ground and didn't get caught up in the auction.

Members online

No members online now.
Back