How Much Is Gas In Your Area

lacussumok

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys i thought this would be a good topic

around here in Michigan i put 93 in my car because its all the gas stations around here i have yet to find a gas station with 91 other than 87 and i filled up today with 60 dollars at 3.89 per gallon

i saw a 4.59 premium in by my work in santa monica last week.

$4.09 in San Francisco Bay Area for 91, but that was last week. Who knows what it will be this week.

I payed 3.70 about this time last week, 93 octane.

Free.

I work for ExxonMobil.
I got a Four Hundred Million Dollar (yes, $400,000,000) bonus too.

But seriously, I wanna puke.

$4.25 in DC over the weekend and $3.99 in Norther VA this morning for 93 Sunoco. The cashier said they were told to expect $5.00 by Memorial Day and $6.00 by end of summer - unless the market changes. Whatever that means.

$3.84/Gal NW Arkansas, for premium 91 Octane. Having lived through artificial gas price limits in the past, I really do not know how Government can impact gas prices. Limit profit and you limit supply. We have to increase supply somehow. Add taxes to Oil Companies and you just get higher prices at the pump. For some unknown reason we as a country refuse to recognize that the solution is to drill for more of our own oil, build more hydroelectric dams, build more nuclear generating plant, build more refineries and do every thing possible to increase energy supply. Instead we argue about the caribou in Alaska, the fishes in the damed up rivers and do not want new refineries in the USA. And then we sit around and complain that no one is doing anything.:mad:

I paid $3.62/gal. for 91 last week, and it had dropped to $3.5x/gal. by Saturday. I'd have to look at my mileage log to be sure.

Wow i thought you americans paid less then us canadians how many litres in a gallon again. All i know its $1.33 a litre here i wonder how much a gallon that would be.

Nvm
1 US gallon = 3.78541178 litres

so that means im paying $5.02 a gallon!! Wow i dont get why us canadians pay more for gas when we got most of it here in alberta :mad: Thats bull :q:q:q:q im paying $5 a gallon basically well most of you guys are paying $3-4 a gallon. That means you guys are basically paying just $1 a litre or a bit over..... wow i haven't seen oil near a $1/litre or under in more then 2 years

It doesn't matter how much the crude costs if you don't have refineries to turn it into gasoline. I'm guessing most of the difference you're seeing is in the transportation costs of the refined gas (the farther you are from the refinery, the more it costs to deliver it) and in the tax load at the pump. The latter is most of the price difference between the US and Europe--they pay a lot more than we do, but the difference is almost all in the taxes on the fuel.

It doesn't matter how much the crude costs if you don't have refineries to turn it into gasoline. I'm guessing most of the difference you're seeing is in the transportation costs of the refined gas (the farther you are from the refinery, the more it costs to deliver it) and in the tax load at the pump. The latter is most of the price difference between the US and Europe--they pay a lot more than we do, but the difference is almost all in the taxes on the fuel.
well that and your proximity to a major metropolitan area. LA, SF, Miami, NY, DC probably all have the highest average rates in the country. more cars in an area = more potential profit for oil companies. as there are more cars in CA than anywhere in the world, on average we get hit the hardest. and trust me there are PLENTY of refineries and a massive shipping/receiving industry out here.

North Florida/Panhandle :

Premium (93 octane) last time I filled up was $3.89/gal

We still have it alot better than some other parts of the world.

Sierra Leone, the most expensive, is $18.xx/gal

while some places like Russia is only $0.80/gal

If we (USA) could tap into our own oil supply, we'd only be at $0.50/gal like other nations... thanks tree huggers!!!

now now ;) the argument could be made that it's less productive to spend years drilling oil in Alaska than to spend that time developing non oil-reliant technologies. but as it usually goes, when people start feeling the pressure from resource shortage and price hikes, long-term plans take a back seat to immediate worries.

Members online

No members online now.
Back