How much is a new windshield???

docsayler

LVC Member
Reaction score
My Windshield nees replaced. No way around it.. Anyone know how much they run??? Its a 2002 LS. :waving: Thanks

docsayler said:
My Windshield nees replaced. No way around it.. Anyone know how much they run??? Its a 2002 LS. :waving: Thanks
Is your windshield cracked or broken? Most insurance companies will repair the crack or chip for free. However, windshield replacement is dependent on the insurance policy. My insurance company, Allstate, will replace it minus the deductible.

I paid 225 but they didnt have to replace the seals.. and that included a new mirror..

Just got a quote for $359 for an OEM one with rain sensor mask, and heated wiper parking area, will have it done in the next couple of weeks.

In MA, its free. If you have comprhensive coverage.

If the crack is less than the length of a dollar bill, they will repair it. If it is longer than a dollar bill, itll be replaced.

when my was replaced it was around $750 installed, and there is like 7 different windshields for LS

If you have insurance for the windshield have it replaced by a mobile service. They come & do the job & if you have to pay some kind of deductable, well, it is what it is. Check your policy or call your agent if there is a question. Repost if you get an unfavorable answer. Good luck, Ed :cool:

a lot of times at least in MIchigan the windshield or glass repair company may possibly pay the deductible..

Just replaced mine this week

$400 installed. They came to my house and did it.
I have the windshield with the blue band on top and the heated wipers.

That included new seals. I don't think its a genuine ford part though.

I got quotes from $1200 right down to $400 so theres a pretty big range.

Lol this is an Ooooooollllldddd thread but good to know. Mine's got a few chips and a crack on the passenger's side that's been there since I bought the car.

Yeah I'm glad someone knows how to use the search feature!

Hopefully you guys are getting pilkington glass (the oem one is pilkington).

I'm with Allstate and it's about a 70dollar copay to replace your windsheild once a year :-D

Hopefully you guys are getting pilkington glass (the oem one is pilkington).
I think that's on Gen1s. My Gen2 has CarLite all around - got quoted $359 for rain sensor + heated wiper parks. Some redneck sumbitch's dirty truck fresh off the road cracked mine :|

When mine was replaced a couple years ago through the insurance for free to me, the bill was just over $600... Thats insane. I'm glad I didn't get the bill. Mine is also Carlite.

i just got a quote for 140 for my windshild here in ca. aftermarket with rain sensor and wiper heaters :)

damn thats cheap haha
I had it replaced in August and it cost me 240 for an aftermarket installed with the sensor and heaters...at least they came to my house to put it lol and that was with Safelite which I believe is a national company

damn thats cheap haha
I had it replaced in August and it cost me 240 for an aftermarket installed with the sensor and heaters...at least they came to my house to put it lol and that was with Safelite which I believe is a national company
Yuck. I could have gotten SafeLite (minus deductible - mine is $250) for $270, but I'd rather spend the extra $80 to get CarLite.

i have a $200 deductible for mine (through insurance) and i had to have the windshield replaced in my 1st gen, a place called "jeff's auto glass" came out while i was at work and replaced it in the parking lot, and the best part is that they will pay up to $200 toward your deductible. JACKPOT, windshield fo free!

i have a $200 deductible for mine (through insurance) and i had to have the windshield replaced in my 1st gen, a place called "jeff's auto glass" came out while i was at work and replaced it in the parking lot, and the best part is that they will pay up to $200 toward your deductible. JACKPOT, windshield fo free!
Bastard. Probably got a happy ending too, didn't you :(
Quick question : Just noticed that my sideview mirrors have tiny sparkles when the sun reflects in them. Are those "micro-pits" and anything I can do about them? I don't feel anything when brushing my finger across the glass.

Bastard. Probably got a happy ending too, didn't you :(
yea, but i had to pay extra for that

Quick question : Just noticed that my sideview mirrors have tiny sparkles when the sun reflects in them. Are those "micro-pits" and anything I can do about them? I don't feel anything when brushing my finger across the glass.
you can try to polish the glass, it probably wont get rid of the pits but it could temporary fill them in and make them less noticeable.

Members online

Back