How Many Speakers does the 97 Conti Have?

napoleon1072

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on replacing all my jbl speakers and wanted to know how many speakers the car has?

6 Total. One on each door. and the 2 rear subwoofers under the rear deck on each side. The big round thing on the top of the rear deck is only a vent.

The door speakers are 6x8 the rears are 6x9's i believe on mine. I would look for the "smart plugs" for the speaker plugs. So you can plug them onto the ford connectors and come out standard connectors for the terminals. If not I would highly recommend soldiering the wires vs just twisting them together. My 91 t-bird had the wires twisted and it gave me problems constantly until it was noticed and fixed at the shop when I had a new deck and cd installed.

The Door Speakers are 6 1/2s in the front 6x8 back doors and 6x9s in the Rear Deck. I already have an after market headunit. I thought that that the swap would just be plug and play? like snap the old speakers out snap the new ones in and screw them into place and im good to go?

Sorry I forgot the conti was 6 1/2 in front I got mixed up with my 98 towncar
I had.

Actually, it could be either 6X8 or 6 1/2 in the front doors on the '97. Mine had 6X8's and I had to use adapters to make the 6 1/2" speakers fit properly. According to Crutchfield, it depends on the build date and whether the factory system is JBL or not.

Actually, it could be either 6X8 or 6 1/2 in the front doors on the '97. Mine had 6X8's and I had to use adapters to make the 6 1/2" speakers fit properly. According to Crutchfield, it depends on the build date and whether the factory system is JBL or not.

I dont hear any speakers coming from the rear deck of my 1997. I am only hearing 4 speakers in the doors.

The rear deck speakers if equipped (visible from in trunk) if you drop the tray, only supply bass. If you have those ,remenber if you replace them they are only fed bass, or low frequencies. So don't be concerned if they don't produce sound the same as the door speakers. Also your door speakers only get high and mid frequencies if you have that system.

Members online

No members online now.
Back