how many miles ?

WannabeeLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just curious what kind of mileage you guys have as I'm looking into buying a higher mileage 1 st gen for cheap money ....pics always appreciated thanks

Replacements

Just under 147K. '02 LS Sport. I've done coils and plugs, brakes, I'm on my 4th set of tires, I really need to do shocks before spring. I've also replaced the alternator and the latch handle on the inside of the Driver's door. And I've had the factory disk player tuned-up.
It'll get a fresh engine and trans in the spring, but I've leaned on it fairly hard. (See 'Land Speed LS' in the HP section.)

KS

I'm one that has lower miles on a 1st Gen.. My 2000 V8 has just a tad under 100k (to be exact, 99.6k).. There is too much to name that I had to replace but that was because the previous owner didn't take care of it as well as I do..

That's cool I'm looking at a 2001 5 speed v6 with 138 on it I have had an svt contour and loved it and figure this should be even more fun plus I'm a luxury guy so it doesn't need to ok anyone of the line just a few civics lol

With the right mods youll be suprised at what you can keep up with.

Ive showed up a stang gt.

That's cool I'm looking at a 2001 5 speed v6 with 138 on it I have had an svt contour and loved it and figure this should be even more fun plus I'm a luxury guy so it doesn't need to ok anyone of the line just a few civics lol

That's not to high of miles.. Plus, I would love to have a 5 speed..

I have a 2000 model with 196,700 miles(and running strong). I bought it with 103,000 4 years ago so with proper maintenance, and care, the cars can last. It is the one in my avatar and there are some pics on cardomain,com from about 6 months after I got it. The key is to buy one that was cared for to begin with..... Like with any purchase, if it looks suspect, there is a reason for it.

2000 V8 - 157K miles.

Did someone say pics??????? :D :D :D

IMG_7770.jpg

IMG_7780.jpg

IMG_7807.jpg

IMG_7060.jpg

IMG_7034.jpg

IMG_7024.jpg

Hey man, they asked for pics... :D

Wheel/Tire specs:

wheels: Fondmetal 9X. 19" x 8" 42 offset.
Tires: rear - 245/40 front - 245/35

Car is lowered on Springtech lowering Springs.

Yeah, if your want your LS to be a fun drive compared to your old contour than you'll need to get the 5 speed. My last car was a 98' contour se and as much as I LOVE my LS, it truly is not as fun to drive. It definitely has that calm luxury feel with a perky engine but that's it. I use to take my contour wheelin' through thick dirt trails and deep puddles and cut corners in my sleep, but the LS can barely handle a little snow and every sharp turn still feels wide. The contour was also a fun drive because it was a POS and didn't really care what happened to it. I wish I still had it since it was getting me from A to B and the LS only gets me from A to a body shop. Yes, I'm still talking.....

Why the body shop? I hear you on the contour. But way I see it is everyone on the contour site the greatest. Mod is a 3l engine so I figure imma get one with one and if I don't end up with a full manual ill def want tiptronic...

but the LS can barely handle a little snow and every sharp turn still feels wide..

You got to learn how to drive her.. I had my LS pushing 1 1/2 feet of snow.. The only time she got stuck was when I tried going up a hill to get back home.. And she drifts like a dream.. Once you get it goin, you can literary let go of the wheel and it will recover itself..

Why the body shop? I hear you on the contour. But way I see it is everyone on the contour site the greatest. Mod is a 3l engine so I figure imma get one with one and if I don't end up with a full manual ill def want tiptronic...

Yeahh shifting with the contour was soo fun:( I really want another one, but I cant to take up space with 2 cars at my house with a clean conscience. My LS is auto with no tiptronic so no matter how you shift it feels like soft butter.

EDIT: Oh yeah, coils bring me to the body shops because my :q:q:q:qty aftermarket warranty covers everything except coils......and now misfires caused my left cat to go out. Ford's gonna clean that one up.

You got to learn how to drive her.. I had my LS pushing 1 1/2 feet of snow.. The only time she got stuck was when I tried going up a hill to get back home.. And she drifts like a dream.. Once you get it goin, you can literary let go of the wheel and it will recover itself..

This is my first winter in NJ with her so, I'm learning fast by taking her slow. Thing is I'm stuck with stock tires right now, and so far I've gotten stuck about 5 times within 2 storms. Was surprised when some people actually helped me out like normal human beings should when nature has the upper hand. A stranger in his company owned 1st gen LS told me to keep it in 3rd when in snow to make things easier. Not sure if there's any truth there because I haven't tried it yet.

I never used the 'gears' in the winter.. I always left it in D5.. I did turn the TC off though..

TC off. Damn you're nutz. My tail was slidin today with it on. Drove like a douche but still....

When you come to a stop sign with the TC on, it takes like 30 seconds to get moving.. TC off, I could spin the tires to 15 or so and I could come out of the hole in like 5 seconds going to speed limit..

I also drifted like every corner so yea.. lol

Lsd + snow tires + 150 pounds of extra weight in the trunk (I may let her out soon) = snow driving win.

Members online

Back