How many miles on one tank?

HyeLifeLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I drove to Las Vegas and back last week in my 2001 V6 automatic LS (212500 miles) and i got about 387miles out of one tank. There was still probably a bit of gas left but the fuel light had been on for about 25 miles by that time.

Considering that i had the AC on almost all the time, drove up to elevations of 4000ft and did mostly 90mph+ (120 few times :)) i think the car did real good.

How many real miles did you guys get out of your LS? Not going by what the trip computer tells you but what you actually have done.

My trip tells me 250 every tank, but thats all city (but ONLY 90+ on the highway:p) . I havent checked mine manually but im filling up today so i'll see..... FYI i do think i have a marginal COP failure i'll be addressing soon...

325 if mostly city. 400 on highway. I have gotten 430 before highway only. I have a 02V8.

325 if mostly city. 400 on highway. I have gotten 430 before highway only. I have a 02V8.
I'm roughly about the same. Trip from Florida to Connecticut, I avg. 26mpg. Not to bad for a V8.

Do you two baby the pedal? How do you get such high city miles lol

Jesus... I get like 280 per tank with my V6... 50/50 split...

I've had a few 350+ tanks... but they are rare.

Must be my lead foot.

I'd say im about 50/50 when it comes to city/highway. I have an 04 V6 and am lucky to get 320 miles on a tank.

P.S. I really like this thread idea :cool:

My trip tells me 250 every tank, but thats all city (but ONLY 90+ on the highway:p) . I havent checked mine manually but im filling up today so i'll see..... FYI i do think i have a marginal COP failure i'll be addressing soon...

I have yet to ever see 300.

My 02 v8 with over 100k on it gets about 300-320 in the city on a tank. And thats not being easy on the gas either,LOL It's been awhile since it has seen Highway driving but I did get about 27mpg on the last trip I did with it

Do you two baby the pedal? How do you get such high city miles lol

Set the cruise at 75. She has 195,000mi too which I think is crazy it still runs so well. As a whole though I'm not too rough on it but will definitely hit the gas if necessary.

Well 3 weeks ago I drove to Richmond VA from Pennsville NJ thats Exit 1 crossing into NJ from DE, I drove there and to about Elkton MD before I filled back up its a 500mi round trip elkton is about 20mi from Pennsville I was surprised as hell. But on the norm I get about 340mi to a tank but that day I got almost 480mi.

All I know is that I wish I lived that close to Vegas. I have to settle for Shreveport Louisiana & that's no Vegas!

Usually 350, if all highway can get 425. Personnel best is 495, took 17.8 gallons so I should have gone for 500.

2000 V6 manual transmission

Usually 350, if all highway can get 425. Personnel best is 495, took 17.8 gallons so I should have gone for 500.

2000 V6 manual transmission

Isn't it supposed to be kilometer per liter? Don't go mixing up your units that'll cause problems!

I have to say my tank doesn't last long enough. If I was worried about it though I'd be driving a moped to and from work.

500, maybe 505? 05 LS V8 ULTIMATE.

cruise set at 72mph tires at 35psi a/c at 72 which is where I have seen 27-28mpg

went to flint and back on just shy of 1 tank. at 1/4 tank it read 136 miles to Empty

have seen as low as 180 per tank ;-)

on a side note, I took the same trip in a 2011 malibu and got 41 mpg!?!

I have been getting 323 per tank. Not too bad, and i don't drive easy.

Artur, how you been man? How are things?

I guess if I would drive around 65-75 i would be getting some of those insane mpgs too. I push the gas too much.

Edgar i have been good man. My LS is looking real good. I put Michellin pilot sports on, refinished my headlights, grill and front bumper. So its super fresh now.

Gotta take some pictures.

Excellent!
Yea, you should post up some pics, when you get a chance to snap a few.

How is the Benzito? Still got it?

2012-03-20_14-38-45_185.jpg

when the light comes on i still have about 1-1.5 gallons left so i could have gotten to 400 maybe but i dont risk driving after the light comes on :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back