How many and are these the correct bushings I need?

DylanIsland

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all, first post. Might be a little stupid but I'm wondering if these would be the correct parts for my 2004 LS v8. Both rear lower control arm bushings are shot.

Are these the correct parts?

Let's say if I just did the rear right. Would I need 1 rear forward and 2 rear at knuckle? Or would it be the other way around.

Thanks a ton.
SmartSelect_20200906-170227_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hello all, first post. Might be a little stupid but I'm wondering if these would be the correct parts for my 2004 LS v8. Both rear lower control arm bushings are shot.

Are these the correct parts?

Let's say if I just did the rear right. Would I need 1 rear forward and 2 rear at knuckle? Or would it be the other way around.

Thanks a ton. View attachment 828574672
I would buy the whole control arms and be done with it

All three bushings are different sizes. The best you could do is replace two if the larger one is indeed the correct bushing. When I looked into it they only had one bushing listed. I think maybe it is for the front of the vehicle and incorrectly listed. You would have to verify the size somehow. Even still that is only two of three. There is a lot of extra labor to press in and out those bushings and I doubt it would be any cheaper in the long run.

All three bushings are different sizes. The best you could do is replace two if the larger one is indeed the correct bushing. When I looked into it they only had one bushing listed. I think maybe it is for the front of the vehicle and incorrectly listed. You would have to verify the size somehow. Even still that is only two of three. There is a lot of extra labor to press in and out those bushings and I doubt it would be any cheaper in the long run.

I see there's kits on ebay for this aswell. I'm only replacing to get rid of the squeek. It's horrendous. Where I'm in Canada its 750 min i can find for both LCA using Ford Tasco. Checked all around for used, check rock auto and all local.

The ebay bushing kit is 300 all in. Would probably be atleast 2 hours each side maybe pushing 3?. At 70 an hour would be 280..580 bucks roughly...might be worth it to buy the LCA new now I'm thinking eh..

Shame. Also read can easily bend the aluminum arm so there's a chance they'd mess that up.

Really unsure what to do here. Damn. Do I fork out close to 850-900 to fix the horrendous rear squeeking? No other issues in this car but goddamn.

Usually old bushings creek. If you have squeaking are you sure it is the bushings? If so then they are so worn out spraying them with some oil to quiet the metal to metal you have going on isn't going to hurt anything while you decide what to do about the replacement control arms.

Usually old bushings creek. If you have squeaking are you sure it is the bushings? If so then they are so worn out spraying them with some oil to quiet the metal to metal you have going on isn't going to hurt anything while you decide what to do about the replacement control arms.
Yeah pretty positive, I brang it in for two opinions when I couldn't isolate it myself. Was told uppers, replaced them and its still here. After reading about all this originally I should have went with my gut and realized it was lowers.

Yeah, hard to describe the noise bjts it's definitely creaking/squeeking. Gotten so worse EVERY little bump you hear a squeek, if I push down on the rear either end she goes ballistic creaking.

I've tried to spray lube at the bushings but I just can't be getting it right or something because its not helping much for a sound difference. Might quieten it down a little bit but it's still excessive. Might call tomorrow for a quote on replacing bushings..maybe..or ill buy brand new. Absolute shame.

Also read that the gen 1 isn't compatible with my gen 2 which is unfortunate. They're cheaper.

DP parts are generally very poor quality, so consider that a temporary fix at best. Make sure you have a shop willing to press the bushings first. A lot of shops are avoiding that kind of DIY-help now. There are some bushing threads on here, dig around. It's generally better to search using google, rather than the built-in search.

FWIW, I'm running gen 2 rear arms on my gen 1 because they were cheaper at the time! :D
The parts manuals say they're different, but they sure as heck look and measure identical to each other.

FWIW, I'm running gen 2 rear arms on my gen 1 because they were cheaper at the time! :D
The parts manuals say they're different, but they sure as heck look and measure identical to each other.
I am doing this also but in reverse. I am running Moog gen 1 on my gen 2. Since the LEMFÖRDER controls arms are listed for years 2000-2006 I figured I would take the chance and order the cheaper Moog arms listed for gen 1. Just like you said they appear to look and measure identical to each other. They even weigh the same. I haven't had it aligned since I replaced them so I didn't want to recommend them to the op since he isn't installing them himself. My tires seem to be wearing fine and it feels normal when I am driving.

I bought and installed these and ended up having to just replace the whole control arm because they didn't fit correctly and caused a clunking noise.
Thank you for the comment. Just forked out for the arms. Hoping the come in before Friday. Have a good Sunday Dave!

Members online

Back