How long have your parts lasted?

marcredd

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My original alternator finally died today with 218,000 miles. Still using the original starter(crossing my fingers) though. How long have other members been able to get out of their parts?

Any other ironman type mileage stories to share?

Transmission - 55k (replaced for free by Ford, with the help of the service manager at my local Lincoln dealer)
Alternator - 115k
Driver inside door handle - 100k
Fuel pumps - 95k
Center console lid - 90k

There are a lot of other things, but they are all just wear-and-tear items

well all of my parts except the battery, coils, plastic cooling parts, sway bar bushing, end links, rear adjustable links, brakes, coils, center console latch, ashtray door holder downer, 6 disc changer, center console/dash buttons plastic bits that hold the screws, and catalytic converters have lasted over 151,000 miles

all the interior stuff started breaking around 70k+

all the suspension stuff started wearing out (well wearing out enough to replace it) at 100K also second set of coils went in right before the extender warranty ran up (less than 100 miles before!)

all of the coolant problems started at 145k -150k along with the third set of coils needed to go in due to water leakage filling a couple of the wells which is also responsible for the cats and a yellow top (unrelated of course)

They last until they fail...... There are too many variables.

'02 LS8 approx 120K miles. In the last ~ 6 years since I've owned the car both front knuckle assemblies had to be replaced, and the sway bar links. AFAIK still original alt, hyd fan, coolant system, shocks, battery knock on wood. My wallet isn't a big fan of fixing something unless it's broke (or will cost more by not fixing).

Right after I bought it!

Harmonic balancer at 17k miles.
cooling system 50k-120k several failures of fan motor and pump
fuel pump 120k alternator 120k
DCCV 50K, 100K
ALL WINDOW CLIPS
CLOCKSPRING 50K 120K
FOGGED HEADLIGHTS 50K
WINDSHIELD 70K
COMPLETE TRANSMISSION AT 50K

PARTS ARE NOT TOO GOOD IN THIS CAR.
PLASTICS/RUBBER/PAINT/LEATHER GOOD
SUSPENSION GOOD

IM NOT POSTING ANYTHING...THIS IS THE ULTIMATE JINKS THREAD EVER!!!. you guys are crazy

My parts are going strong at 33 years and counting.

They last until they fail...... There are too many variables.

I think he's just curious, not trying to figure out when his parts will fail...

As for me. too many parts replaced at this point to remember exactly.

I will say that besides coils, and regular maintenance, most parts were ok until 100k.

Then it was cooling parts, coils, tranny, coils, alternator, coils, etc...

My arrogance about the alternator lasting so long is why it went back on after the engine swap. Just wanted to see how long it would last. My heart said replace it while the engine was out but my ego said f it....LOL.

IM NOT POSTING ANYTHING...THIS IS THE ULTIMATE JINKS THREAD EVER!!!. you guys are crazy

I never thought I would see the day where you would pass on a thread. I am speechless. LOL.

hmm. 2000 LS V8 Sport.

degas bottle around 100k.
front wheel bearing around 100k.
passenger inner door handle around 110k.
coils around 120k.
ac compressor around 130k.
secondary timing chain tensioners around 140k.
i put a NOS radio in it to fix the backlight.
and a few sets of ball joints.

not bad considering.

Still on the same shocks and springs. 155k

Last edited:
Well, my LES only made it about 40 years (it was defective for 25 or so of those). Everything else is still mostly working.

Oh, you meant LS parts not my parts...

Members online

Back