how fast can i go

yamaharollinhard

LVC Member
Reaction score
alright now this is what i did. my friend just got a 96 t-bird, and it has the 4.6 ohc, and it has the sport setup. i have a 88 lincoln mark VII bb, and as far as i can tell its stock. we were kinda racing each other, and he was on the phone with me, and he said that he had his foot on the gas pushing as hard as he could, and i didnt even have it 3/4 the way down, and i was pulling away form him like he was almost sitting still. we did a small drag, and i beat him off the line, and all the way down. and i was spinning off of the line also. so do you think that a stock mark could do that, i mean its a big car, and his isnt.

yamaharollinhard said:
alright now this is what i did. my friend just got a 96 t-bird, and it has the 4.6 ohc, and it has the sport setup. i have a 88 lincoln mark VII bb, and as far as i can tell its stock. we were kinda racing each other, and he was on the phone with me, and he said that he had his foot on the gas pushing as hard as he could, and i didnt even have it 3/4 the way down, and i was pulling away form him like he was almost sitting still. we did a small drag, and i beat him off the line, and all the way down. and i was spinning off of the line also. so do you think that a stock mark could do that, i mean its a big car, and his isnt.

1996 T-Bird
3.8L V6
Horsepower: 145HP
Torque: 215
Weight: 3536lbs

1988 BB
5.0L V8
Horsepower: 225HP
Torque:3XX
Weight: 3773lbs

No Challenge. . .

Sifrino3 said:
1996 T-Bird
3.8L V6
Horsepower: 145HP
Torque: 215
Weight: 3536lbs

1988 BB
5.0L V8
Horsepower: 225HP
Torque:3XX
Weight: 3773lbs

No Challenge. . .

Actually, he had a 4.6, not a 3.8 this was taken from a mustang site:

"’96 saw the introduction of the 4.6L SOHC with 215 HP in the GT and a 305 HP DOHC for the Cobra"

So I think his horsepower would be more in the range of the 215 rating (probably slightly detuned so the Mustangs performance would be better).

Members online

No members online now.
Back