how far do you drive to work?

I too dont drive to work, I ride my bicycle, its about 1.6 miles total both ways. Lucy just rolled past 140,000 this last weekend.

I have you all beat. I drive 100 miles round trip five day a week.
And the price of gas at 4.17 for 93 is killing me. I get about 20 mpg on I95.

80 miles round trip, sometimes a little more depending if I have to go to my other branch that day.

it's about 40 miles each way in Atlanta traffic. The ride home is Better then the ride in. I can make it home most nights in just a hair under an hour. Coming in it usually an hour and ten minutes sometimes longer never less. Even still the car is averaging 22.4 MPG and @ 4.15 a gallon here. I usually fill up when the car has 1/2 a tank in it anly because it seams to hurt less.

About 30 miles each way. But-
I also go to night school which adds another 15-30 miles each way 4 nights a week depending on which campus my class is at. Premium is about 4.29 in Germantown Ohio.

WOW I envy all of you!!! I drive an AVG of 175 miles a day! And I pay $4.30-$4.40 a gallon for 93... But I manage to keep a consistant 19.5 20.0 MPG combined average... If I wasnt so upside on this car I would be driving a civic getting 35mpg :-(

I don't.

I walk to and from the express bus stop 5 days a week. :D

Well la di da!

About 5 miles each way. I tried jogging in one day but nearly collapsed, had to call a co-worker to pick me up.

Time to start investing in Vespas and Smart cars everyone!

This will help my quest to post that my mileage is far below average. In a few years of course, but by then a certain Texas member probably won't have his LS any more.

:D

I have horror stories from shipping through UPS, very telling that even their employees say not to use them.........

well i only said it cause the less people that ship threw there the less work i gotta do...but also cause i see peoples stuff get thrown around ect ect... just a lil heads up ya kno

Walk to the train. Why waste miles driving to work.

Put 15,000 miles on LS, 6000 on Mustang and 5000 on bikes each year by not driving to work.

i beat you all....i drive my car for my job and i fill up every day....it usaully takes 60 bucks unless ireally ran her dry then closer to 70 ...i am a road warrior i live in my ls....just recently got her back from the dealership...they put a new motor in after mine had jumped time and bent all the pushrods...fortunately i had an extended warranty and they took care of it...i get 20.8 mpg with the new motor much better than the 17.6 i was getting....glad to be back guys

I burn just about a full tank every day. Costs about $65. My mileage is showing 21.7 at present. This includes Interstate, two-lane, gravel, and plain dirt roads. I'm a little bit puzzled by the reference to 'pushrods'. Our engines don't have pushrods---the valves are directly operated by the cams.
KS

20 miles round trip on the dot unless I take one of the 10 different ways.

Time to start investing in Vespas and Smart cars everyone!

I'm suprised nobody mentioned the Chevy Volt yet. I have been watching chevy's news and progress on this car since they announced it as a concept. Oh and I drive 20 miles round trip, not counting my 40 mile comute to visit family once a week. When I was in school though I was comuting 90-100 per day in the Aveo.

I've got the lucky 13 mile trip each way...Lucky you ask...?

Yes, I count myself as VERY fortunate to be driving a company truck to and fro, on company gas. It is indeed a very lucky 13 miles.

Hmmmm... I walk 3 blocks to work and then walk 6 or more home that's if I go to monitor the weightroom after work.

That damn price of shoes is going to break me soon.

I burn just about a full tank every day. Costs about $65. My mileage is showing 21.7 at present. This includes Interstate, two-lane, gravel, and plain dirt roads. I'm a little bit puzzled by the reference to 'pushrods'. Our engines don't have pushrods---the valves are directly operated by the cams.
KS

thats what the stealership said???

i used to walk to work, that's why i originally bought the LS, i knew it got gad bas mileage and was expensive to maintain... but then i got sick and tired of my job and got a better one that i now commute to, and that commute is about 5.5 miles each way, all street driving, averaging about 14mpg. gas is still around $4.80 a gallon here in LA. the first couple years i had the car i only put about 12k miles on it. now i'm probably going to be putting about that much on it each year.

i'd prefer not to ride my bike to work in LA traffic. a little too stressful start of the day for me.

17....an my job sucks ... UPS...:shifty:

I work in a pretty nice office job now..have for the last 17 yrs or so. But I used to drive for UPS for about a year. At 22-23 years of age? LOVED IT. Great benefits, good salary with bonus you could earn if you finished up early each day, and since I was new, I got the hardest routes. (commercial). BUT..the upside? I usually interacted with hot receptionists and secretaries DAILY. And people LOVE the UPS guy. Why? all he does is BRING you things. I cant recall how many hot (didnt say they were surgeouns) chicks I encountered and ended up "dating" in the Herndon/Reston areas back in the day..all due to the UPS angle. lol

Oh..anyways..current commute is 17 congested miles each way 3 days per week, about 6 miles each way 2 days per week. Averaging 17.5 mpg in my 2002 V8

very true i did the driver helper position for the holidays and evryone is always happy too see you ,and yep alot of bitches..i mean women lol..you would see daily...im hopin to be a driver eventually

Members online

Back