How do you recommend getting a sun roof deflector off?

wade0731

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well it is attached with some time of sealant underneath or adhesive. Not sure what it is. How do you recommend taking it off without damaging the paint on top and also getting the unsightly sealant off?

Some pics:

google pic
01_LS_MoonDefl.jpg

actual pic

RYhgVh1.jpg

A little heat and dental floss??????? Maybe spray some WD-40 and let it soften the adhesive????

These things are usually held on by 3M tape.

I've had many of these trim pieces be ripped off at automatic car washes, maybe run it though one a few times! LOL

LOL, this really made me laugh. Just went through one an hour ago actually and nothing happened. This is the one time I am sad about that, lol! Will try what LS4ME said! Thanks guys.

Blow dryer worked great to get the adhesive off, peeled right off with a 1 sided razor. When I had it all off, I noticed there were dents on there where the visor was... oh well looks 10x better now anyway.. Heres a picture of it now. Noticed on the left the headlight housing was kind of fogging up, the right one had that problem a while back and I had to reseal it. Looks like this one needs it too and I will be putting in halo's also if I have it open already.

eCPUzcS.jpg

Looks so much better without it!

yea, i really dont under stand why you would put one of those on this car...

does the 1st gen not have a pop up deflector like the 2nd gens does?

I don't think mine does, I think one of the 1st gens my dad had did have one though. Could be mistaken.

Blow dryer worked great to get the adhesive off, peeled right off with a 1 sided razor. When I had it all off, I noticed there were dents on there where the visor was... oh well looks 10x better now anyway.. Heres a picture of it now. Noticed on the left the headlight housing was kind of fogging up, the right one had that problem a while back and I had to reseal it. Looks like this one needs it too and I will be putting in halo's also if I have it open already.

eCPUzcS.jpg

Glad it worked out!!!!!!!

My 00 definitely has one..

My 01 has it also.
uploadfromtaptalk1392428198627.jpg

As far as the dents... mine has slight depressions at a few corners that look similar to what you have. I figured it was from the stress and weakened metal over the years.

uploadfromtaptalk1392428198627.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back